[Recommended] Brian's Legacy: As Shared by His Father Siegfried Othmer

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

kurt.othmer

EEG Neurofeedback Expert
Neurofeedback Practitioner
Reaction score
I'm so grateful for the discussions and attention that neurofeedback and my family's history has received here on Coping With Epilepsy.

I would love to invite you all to check out this book, based on the journal that my brother kept as a young man as he fought to manage everything surrounding his epilepsy; the turmoil in his brain and in his life, his struggle with meds, friends, spirituality, and his attempt to find his way through it all.

Find it on Amason ASIN: B00IFEW1Q4

Thanks for giving it a look.

Attachments

• brianslegacy.jpg
    brianslegacy.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 9
Thanks Kurt. Great to hear from you again. Here's a direct link to the book on amazon:

Amazon product

Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which Coping With Epilepsy Forums may be compensated.
I thought I had posted a review of this book previously, but I'm not seeing it, so I guess I didn't. :paperbag:

This was a really fascinating read. Aside from getting a glimpse of a window into the lives of the Othmers, Brian's self awareness of his mental states was really compelling and thought provoking. He turned the dial on that proactive prescription idea to 11.

I don't have epilepsy (my wife does), so I could not relate to a lot of what Brian went through on a personal level, but Brian was a pretty good writer and I felt like I got a real sense of what he was experiencing. Perhaps his journey offers some lessons for everyone here.

Back
Top Bottom