[Recommended] "How Evan Broke His Head, and other secrets" by Garth Stein

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

marion

Stalwart
Reaction score
I wrote about this in another thread, not realizing that it belongs here...

I just finished this book and although it's not really about E, the main character has epilepsy, and in the course of the story, the reader sees what it's like for this particular guy, and how he deals with it. I like the book a lot, but aside from that, while reading it, I realized what a good way this is to educate the public. I don't remember ever coming across this in a novel before. I hope everyone in the world reads it and I'm very interested to hear what others think of the way E is treated. Anyone else read it?

For descriptions of the plot, etc. see this Amazon site:

Amazon product

Last edited by a moderator:
This site contains affiliate links for which Coping With Epilepsy Forums may be compensated.
Thanks Marion, I hadn't heard of this book before. It sounds great, I put it on my wishlist...

Nakamova -- It's a current book (2004) - probably in your library.

Back
Top Bottom