in 5 hours and 2 minutes...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

qtowngirl

CWE Supporter/E Hater
Supporter
Reaction score
...i will be 6-months seizure-free :woot:

thank you again to my EFF mel (2ndchances), bernard for starting the most wonderful forum, and to all of my new-found and life-long friends on CWE.
and to my neurosurgeon dr. gary redekop, E-team nurse janice henrikson, and my epileptologist dr. tiffany townsend (we were so meant to be... her middle name is natasha). also the greatest of hugs to radiologist dr. kristina sharma, for finding my 32-year-old lesion.
after almost 20 years with seizures i have found a new path :crying: you have all been part of changing and saving my life.

love nat.

:hugs:

Last edited:
:woot:Congratulations, Qtown! :rock:
:hugs: Dolores

Congrats from me, too. You are a great supporter of this forum and a wonderful advocate for epilepsy education. It is great to know you here on CWE. (BTW, when are we going to work on our act? :) )

Absolutely delighted for you Q,i can remember when you were having lots and lots off god damn seizures so to hear that you have reached this milestone is great.Raised glasses to a year when it comes!

6 months! Already? It's hard to believe. And very thrilling. Congrats. :)

Congrats Nat! I could have sworn I responded to this already this morning... but clearly my brain is playing tricks on me. Again.

Very proud of you! Sunday is your 6 month surgery anniversary, so lots to celebrate!!
:clap:

:hugs: Qtowngirl

6 months eh, well its deserved :clap: hopefully you will forgive us for begin jealous. what are you :angel: these are for you :flowers:

CONGRATS! You deserve to feel amazing, and lets look forward to no more seizures ever again! =)

thanks guys *smile*, so sweet :)

sperlo, it feels a bunch of things at once - surreal, overwhelming, surprising, elated, positive, exciting, scary, unknowing, and again, surreal.
can't remember where i read or who said it's common you don't 'wrap your head around it' in reference to brain surgery, for a year or two. that it stays surreal for quite some time while you're still healing and learning a new path in life.
would have been different at age 20 but at 35 it's still overwhelming, don't adapt to massive life changes so quickly. ;) but get this...

yesterday i'm at work with people everywhere and a woman walks in with a bouquet of purple orchids. due to the colour i was pretty sure they were 'for moi', and had a few ideas who from, but knew if i opened the card i'd cry so had to wait- when i had two minutes i looked. from my boyfriend saying 'you did it baby.' messed me up bad, couldn't focus on the afternoon (he sent these flowers right after taking me for lunch), very overwhelming and GORGEOUS.
around 10 to 3 i looked outside for no particular reason, and a limo was parked out front. huge building where i work so didn't think a whole lot about it, then checked my cel while i had two seconds without clients. couldn't believe the text- company saying they were hired by my boyfriend (they gave his name) to pick me up at 3 from work and take me anywhere i wanted for an hour.
then they were to drop me off at a place they couldn't say where, and they were outside waiting. WOAH. i look back at the limo. then at my cel. then at the limo. then at my cel. was in shock and started crying, yada yada. didn't actually get off til 4 but couldn't function another minute so signed out and got in the limo, holding my flowers while he drove me around. &%#$%^#! talk about surreal!!!

what a night. safe to say it was appy and wine soaked, was dropped off at one of our fave restaurants and he walked in 10 minutes later, beaming. saying i deserved to feel really special for getting where i did so he was 'putting his girl in a limo!'

*laugh* still can't believe it. when i was leaving one of my coworkers was like, 'now that's brownie points!!'

Back
Top Bottom