Another EEG and potential surgery

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seizuregirl

Stalwart
Reaction score
I had an appointment with my Epileptologist last week. My father immediately started out telling him that my memory getting's worse and worse. My dr shrugged and said it's most likely because of my seizure's frying my short term memory cells every time I have one.

And my dr's somewhat convinced that an RNS might work for me so i'll be going back in for another video EEG in the next month or so.

When he talked about the RNS, my Father kinda freaked out when the dr explained what it does and that i'd have to have another surgery to have it attached. LOL I laughed at him and told him to think of my Twin who's had shunts attached to her brain most of her life, and if the RNS would work for me it would stay on like her shunts do.

Definitely get as much info as possible on the RNS option before making up your mind. As with the VNS, it may have a mixed success record...

Back
Top Bottom