C'mon seizures!!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

qtowngirl

CWE Supporter/E Hater
Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys!
Wow neuropsych was crazy. Shapes, blocks, pictures, hand testing, numbers, and sooooooo much memory testing. Omg felt alot less intelligent than I thought I was. So tired at the end of the day. Got a few hours sleep lastnight, and a female tech put on the leads this morning (26 of them!!), but apparently a girl is good cuz the guy leaves your hair down instead of braiding it (ouch).
Had my last shower and smoke lastnight... pout pout.
Doing ok so far (except OMG the food is awwwwwwful. Don't want to end up buying all our meals but can't do lukewarm chicken pot pie, runny oatmeal, and boiled eggs for two weeks!! Our first lunch is on its way right now and i can just imagine!!!!
Lowering meds and sleep deprivation starts in the morning, which in a way I can't wait to get this going. Don't want to go through all this for nothing or have to come back. C'mon seizures!
Luv you guys, talk soon.

I'm glad its going well Q!

Here’s the bright side on the crap food, hunger can induce seizures.
Everything is going to go great for you. I’m send you much luck as I can.

300px-Four_Leaf_Clover_068.jpg

:agree: Lots off luck coming from Scotland!!!

Good luck! Wishing i could send you over some decent home cooked food lol.

qtowngirl

:rock: We are here wait for the good news, sorry about the food guess they are the same the world over. :clap:

Lets hope they find what they need to asap. Being hooked up to all that stuff is such a pain. As soon as your get out of your testing you should treat yourself to the best meal you can think of! Best luck and stay strong!

Let the seizing begin! But only enough to make the tests worthwhile.

I'll send you a care package with some decent chow:
carepakage.jpg

I'm glad its going well Q!

Here’s the bright side on the crap food, hunger can induce seizures.

Haha thanks P, but don't know how well that will work for me. My bf has been getting me comfort food from a local Safeway and the hospital cafeteria quite a bit, so I have been eating quite a bit. Don't know where the appetite came from but I imagine the long day of testing, used a lot of fuel!!
I've got chips, cookies, nuts, mmmmm lots of fattening food :)

Good luck Qtown,

Hope your brain misbehaves itself & the EEG is able to catch a seizure.

I'll send you a care package with some decent chow:
carepakage.jpg
Nak -
That care package looks good, do you want to send one my way aswell :p.

Must feel a bit weird to want a seizure. With all you are going through, I do hope you have some really good ones. And in just 13 days you can have really good food, a smoke and then lots of sleep!

OMG Nak that's hilarious!!! Thank you, laughed pretty hard at that. Mmmmm nutter butter....

And hey guys I DID have one today!!! Run-of-the-mill simple partial, definately due to lack of sleep and such a brain-stress day yesterday. It wasn't enough to set off the seizure detector and bring nurses in, but they said not to worry about that, sometimes a grand mal doesn't even set it off, and in contrast it can go off when you're chewing hard, etc. Which it did earlier in the day, was grinding my teeth a bit while watching a movie and all of a sudden this big loudspeaker said 'seizure detection' over and over until they responded, which was within seconds, was impressed.
The tech will look back on the eeg in the morning to see what the waves look like. So, it wasn't much but it's a start.

Hooray for the simple partial! I hope the waves say something worthwhile!
I'm glad that your bf has been keeping your tummy nice and full.

Wow, that sounds intense. They have an blaring alarm and everything. The EEG sensors are external, right? Do you have a room to yourself or are you sharing it with some creeper? I hear the run rampent in canada ;). Just kidding, I love all my friends from the north. :D

Hope they find out everything you need!
I know what you mean to want a seizure i had my veeg a month or so back and as usual for me nothing showed up so now im back in my holding pattern.
Best of luck for good results back from your testing.

Mike

P-Funk
Ha ha! I like the intentional, or unintentional alliteration you created!
I shall now consider myself a Canadian Creeper!
But that is a good question...how many people do you have to share the room with qtown, if any?
I know when I go I'll be sharing it with 4 other people in the big t.o. ON and it is multi gender.
How are things going? Any more seizures?

Hi guys,
No creepers!! The room is all mine and my boyfriend is with me, has a cot that's bigger than my bed!! (a LOT less comfy tho haha). We have our own bathroom with a shower as well, it's all good. Very private. The only time I have to have the door open is if he's not with me (leaves for coffee, food etc.). Privacy wise it's been great, nurses knock before they come in and just say 'call if you need anything.' A bit of a holiday in a way.
I haven't had any more seizures, but I know it's close. As of lastnight I am off all meds and am fairly sleep-deprived at this point. The last three nights I've only slept roughly five hours, with no daytime naps. Have had a fair bit of bad luck however with the equipment. Lots of detail but just to sum it up, Friday the little computer I pack around with me, hooked to the probes, crashed for the first time ever, and they had no back-up plan. I was in the middle of being re-probed (hooray for shower day!!) when they discovered it had shit the bed, so I sat in a chair for hours not being able to move while they troubleshooted (omg my poor bladder). Ended up using a different one from the eeg dept that did the trick. Then lastnight they came in at midnight to let me know my video equipment had crashed as well and the only back up was to bring in a computer system and camera from eeg.
So now I have all this equipment and cords everywhere in my room, and until the video guy gets in tomorrow to try and fix the camera, the nurses have no way of watching me. If I seize my bf is to yell for a nurse (yeah what if he's sleeping?), then they can come in and ask the appropriate questions (we could do this ourselves, do it at home this really is nothing new). I am responsible for pushing a button attached to me to ensure the time of the seizure is recorded. Hmmmm... looks like my bf and I are running the show now. Today however he's gone visiting so I said I would push the nurse's call button. But if they are busy with other patients they don't always come right away. Technically I could have one today, complete with a side of grand mal and everything, and if they're busy or don't walk by my room no one would even know.
Really something for a state of the art hospital.
I know they're doing their best with what they have, apparently these things have never shit the bed before, and yay!! they both decide to do it to me. *shrug* whadya do? It's the weekend, should all be fixed up by tomorrow when the equipment guy is in.
Today I'm so mentally exhausted from little sleep and with no meds in me I really want to sleep, I think in a bit I'll just let the nurses know I'm going to try and nap (everyone's aware that majority of my partials hit when I'm falling asleep), and if they hear the call button for my room it is not for fresh towels or a saline flush, I'll only press it if a partial rears its butt-fucking-ugly head. This way they can drop whatever else they're doing and come running.
This experience has been interesting to say the least. Not bad, just crazy. I'm doing my best to bring one on tho... so I'll keep ya posted :)

Maybe you are generating so much electrical energy that you are making the machines around you malfunction! I'm only half-kidding with this -- when I had my initial seizures, I felt "electric" for the next few months, my car battery died, and I kept having to replace my watch battery because it would die too. Coincidence, I guess, but you never know...

Hmmmmmm. Can't say I've ever felt electric. To look for odd reasons tho, my boyfriend is an electrician and has been touching wires for almost 20 years so maybe it's having him in the room that's the problem. Lol guess we'll know today - he's not with me today so with that power source out of the room maybe everything will align and my neurons will obey. Watch haha the video equipment will all of a sudden start working with him gone. (Well hun I guess you'll just have to go!!! Thanks for all your help!)

Back
Top Bottom