Frustrations

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hello everyone! So I've been in the hospital on the veeg for two days now. I still have had no seizures! [emoji17] I took two days for the dr to turn my VNS off, when he said he was going to yesterday, I haven't had my meds in 2-3 days. The haven't given me a strobe light test. I'm just so frustrated! Are there any suggestions? Would it be bad to download a strobe light app to my phone & try it?! lol. Especially when I'm on video :/. Help :(

Should I bring you a few drinks?? Do you need to get real excited and pretend that you're about to be eligible to drive again?? Or should you get real stressed out about something that just happened at school/work? Just some ideas to bring one on. Of course I do not recommend trying these at home nor do I wish these upon anyone. :D

Funny how you're ready for one to happen and then it won't. Of course that's part of what brings them on I think is the stress of one possibly coming. We're afraid that one is going to happen when we don't want it to, so we tax ourselves even more with stress thus bringing one on. However, with you being monitored and relaxed and hoping for one you don't care and are daring it to happen...

Maybe get stressed somehow, although I thought this was stressing me out! Lol.

Right!!! It's soo true/accurate! It suucks! I've had atleast 5 or 6 of these veegs & never caught any seizures. Ridiculous

I understand the frustration! I had had 10 straight days of seizures which was atypical, and this sped up the VEEG wait-list for me and about 4 days later I was in the hospital for potentially 2 weeks. No seizure whatsoever for the first 10 days except for several nocturnal myclonics which have never shown up on an EEG for me, when under normal circumstances I would have a nocturnal tonic or complex motor seizure every 3-4 nights.
I think it has something to do with being in bed 24/7 and not carrying out our normal routines, because it is our normal routines that bring on seizures.

Back
Top Bottom