Going I'm for surgery...in 1 hour.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

beano619

New
Reaction score
Hey guys. I know I don't post often, but I follow all the time. About a year ago I decided to go for surgery. I am beyond scared, but excited at the same time. I know many of you have thought doing of the same thing so I thought I'd use this post to keep you up to date on my status.

beano619

Best of luck and I will be thinking of you. Everything will work out.

About a year ago I decided to go for surgery. I am beyond scared, but excited at the same time. I know many of you have thought doing of the same thing so I thought I'd use this post to keep you up to date on my status.

Been there. Done that. Hope all goes well! :ponder:

beano619,

I don't post a lot either, but I'm here to support you!!
Will be thinking of you and hoping for a great outcome!

Knightsgirl

The best wishes, thoughts, and prayers of the whole CWE community go with you.

Good morning. I just had my surgery last night. My temporal and hippocampus were picked at. It went quiet. Unfortunatle, my spedding and is way off and I can't spell very well. When the surgery was done, my head was in the first feat ever. The whole night was me screaming and taking off. Day 2 is more mellow an ad you. An see, my spelling is all off. The doctor should be sent in me off by Friday or Sunday. Hopefully my memory gets back soon.

Hey beano, thanks for the update. I hope everything went fantastically well. You should take it easy while your brain and body heal, don't push yourself.

p.s. I think your spelling is fine. :)

Brain surgery today is quite amazing seeing how relatively new it still is. They practically took out a baseball size tumor that was pressing on my brain 9 yrs ago. I didn't have a year or so to dwell on it, by the time it was found, they said it had to come out immediately otherwise i may go into a coma. I said Ok. I went in Monday night complaining of a faint spell, by Wednesday evening i was being operated on. Sat i left the hospital for home. Only complication was after the surgery i couldn't move my right arm. After the doc injected something into me, the arm came back to normal. Now i'm left with seizures, but better seizures than to be 6 feet underground.

Hope all is successful with your surgery!!

:piano: :pop:

Last edited:
Hi Beano,

I hope you are feeling better this morning. Keep us updated.

Has anyone ever regretted having Brain surgery?

I did I didn't make the decision my mother did.

I'm sorry I ever had brain surgery I'd had been better off if mother No surgery had been done.Or if it had been done a lot earlier on me since it my sz's were on both lobes.

My head still seems to be okay. I can't remember certain words and I see random face things in my eyes. I think I will be surprised. If been here since Thursday and they asked me to say until Sunday. My brain is still sleeping a sent amount live still leading out. Luckily the bane Is lighter than I thought. Thanks for listening guys. I'll let you know when I'm out and how things have gone.
Alex

Wow, hospitals seriously let people out that soon after brain surgery??!! I had no idea!

Wow, hospitals seriously let people out that soon after brain surgery??!! I had no idea!

My thoughts exactly, I'm not sure if you're in the uk, I realise there's bed shortages in hospitals in the UK, but after brain surgery!?...

I'd always thought it would be a couple of weeks keeping an eye on things before they'd consider releasing someone from the hospital.

I'll probably be having the procedure early-mid next year, as much as I hate hospitals, I'll he pretty upset if they packed my bags and hushed me out the door as soon as they can...

Last edited:
Sorry for the slight delay. I've been in the hospital feeling pretty painned, but still much better than the first day. I was let go today and they finally took of my hat so I could see how my scalp looks. Is looking pretty good right now. I'll have to go back in2 weeks to get it cleaned up and the nail's removed. My memory is still horrible and I keep seeing thing when I look above my eyes. Feels a little odd. But I'm sure it should be gone. The doctors said it will take 3 months for me to get ready to get back to work. Hopefully that is the case and the problems I have will go away. The doctors were proud of my success. After having epilepsy for 15 place year, I hope this will gone for good. Its been time for me to sleep for16 hours a day. Cheers you all as in going to stop drinking my alcohol as well. Alex

It'll take time to heal. Keep note of all issues you have: memory, eyes, pain, etc.
Let your doctor know when you go back. Get plenty of rest, but don't become idle.
You need your strength to heal. This would be a prefect time to stop drinking. Don't need anything that can cause more unnecessary pain.

Get well.

Good morning again guys,
Thanks for caring and hearing hearing the troubles. I spent my night at home for the first time last night and now I feel like crap. At the hospital the doctors could easily have given me as much medicine as I needed. Now I'm just in pain and feel like falling over. I am beyond thankful that my family and mother in law are doing all they can for me. My brain is flat and my whole body hurts. I'm beyond thankful that my 2 year old daughter is all about making sure I'm feeling good and making sure my head is safe. I'm thankful for all of that. How long have you felt disabled when you first got home after surgery? What helped you get through the day? I'm still having some weird visions when I look up high, but my spelling seems to be getting much better.
Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom