I got the call...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

qtown, I'm so glad that they FINALLY called you!
Some wine and some thinking is absolutely in order but it's nice that
they have left the ball in your court.

I remember being so depressed after being told I was not a candidate for surgery almost twenty years ago. I had foci in both temporal lobes and the most active one was my language center. Rare, but the right side.
I hope neuropace is approved soon or maybe please santa, they find out some preventable, curable, controlable causes like they did with diabetes in the last century.

I remember being so depressed after being told I was not a candidate for surgery almost twenty years ago. I had foci in both temporal lobes and the most active one was my language center. Rare, but the right side.
I hope neuropace is approved soon or maybe please santa, they find out some preventable, curable, controlable causes like they did with diabetes in the last century.

And I remember being SOOO depressed 14 months AFTER my lobectomy when I had a TC seizure. This time the seizures were worse than before surgery. So maybe it was a blessing for you not to have surgery. :ponder: It doesn't always have positive results.
And I have Type 1 diabetes, to boot, that is not curable, but controllable, like many types of E.

I was right there with you cint. Mine came back after surgery. For me the seizures were controlable with medication. That in itself made the surgery worth while even though now I suffer with depression, short term memory loss all the side effects that come with the surgery. And now some 30 years later i'm dealing with them again. Maybe its just the order of things:ponder:

At least you are no longer waiting on this call.

Raising my glass of red wine to you right now - cheers :)

Back
Top Bottom