it's been 6 months and i'm leaving in 10 hours...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

qtowngirl

CWE Supporter/E Hater
Supporter
Reaction score
it's actually here! tomorrow morning i'm heading out on a trip that was talked about in august, am 6 months seizure-free and going for my first follow-up :)
not really nervous other than a few things, mostly SOOOO excited. been wanting to hug my surgeon as the seizure-free days have gone by, SOOOO much. as i've printed a copy to take i just re-read his pathology report from august 29; i responded with a huge thanks and 'can't wait to see you on february 12!'). shit! it's here!
on wednesday morning i have an mri (to compare to the one in 2011 where the lesion was found. lol can't wait to look at, uhhhh, a big hole?!).
then i have about an hour, in which i'll see the new scan with my surgeon :), then get to my e clinic and gush/hug/cry all over my e nurse janice, the best best best.
after it's an 11:30 appt with my epileptologist for all the news, on both sides. she'll want to hear all about recovery, no seizures, stress level, odd feelings etc., and i want to hear that's she's real happy with my recovery and she'll stick with the law of 6 months and i can drive! legally i could have yesterday but didn't want to jinx myself. and was too busy working/cleaning/packing :bigmouth:

like arn says, onward and upward! i did my best to stay positive through personal stress and the struggle of my brain changing, and holy crap i made it.

:hugs: to you all for being there... love ya ;)

Last edited:
That is SOOOO cool! I am really happy for you! If I were independently wealthy I would find out where this is all happening and fly out there and surprise you somehow, but since I'm not, I can't. I will be thinking of you, though. Thanks for being such a good advocate for epilepsy education and such.

Cheers and Onward and Upward!!!

I am soooo happy for you! I hope all is perfect from you surgery and I am sure it is. I am soooo happy for you! :hugs:

I am soooo happy for you! I hope all is perfect from you surgery and I am sure it is. I am soooo happy for you! :hugs:

*smile* thanks you! was having a very weird dream about my fam back home just now when the alarm went off, then get up, pour a coffee, and read this from you. it's a sign cads, i gotta go home for a visit and stop and see you on the way!!! ;)

:hugs:

hugs and thank you to arn and chmmr too! leaving in an hour so will talk real soon. :rock: road trip here i come!! (gulp pls roads don't be black ice :eek:).

I hope you have a great visit! Keep the good vibes (brainwaves) going. :)

qtowngirl

Best of luck today, I will be thinking of you.

Very inspiring and hopeful message. Have a fantastic trip and new chapter of your life!

Back
Top Bottom