Lack of Focus

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Your not crazy, what you are is hopeful. And there is nothing wrong with that, as you can't move forward in life without the hope of something better. I wish you luck with your surgery and want to here from you afterwards as I am sure that everyone on this site will be interested to hear of how beneficial the surgery was for you. And I am sure that it will be benificial which will put you one step closer to the life you want.

Thanks so much. :)

The thoughtful and encouraging words are definitely appreciated. Let me say, I've really been finding out who my friends are! I'm grateful I had the chance to talk about things here because everyone has been so helpful. I'm going to try to keep everyone posted about what's going on. I hope what I share can help someone else. This is a really hard decision to make!

True enough, it is a hard decision. But being the optimist that I am, I alway's believe that a chance of a better life no matter how small, is better than to settle for a life that you are not happy with.

Well, Tuesday is the big day. I'll be heading to the hospital tomorrow for my admission and pre-op imaging studies, and the first surgery will be performed early Tuesday morning. The plan is to keep me in the ICU for a full day before sending me off for post-op imaging and transferring me to the epilepsy monitoring unit. Once in the EMU, we'll start working on functional mapping and then reduce my medications. We'll wait up to three weeks for three seizures. After we catch those and put everything together, I think that's when it'll be time to make the final call.

I really hope we didn't miss the window. I had at least three seizures each day last week, but nothing over the weekend.

I'm not exactly sure how to prepare for the worst headache of my life. I've heard the headache that comes with a resection is nasty, but I've been warned that'll seem like a cakewalk compared to this one.

I hope I'll be able to post updates as I go along, even if they're short.

Here goes...

Will be keeping you in my thoughts! All the best in the next steps of your journey... looking forward to your updates. :tup:

Back
Top Bottom