Looking ahead to surgery, but fear is setting in.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I don't think so. I've always had problems with hot weather. As for blood sugar, I've had that tested a couple months ago. All came back normal. My body handles cold weather better.

I prefer cold have you tried alpine lavender oil kept in fridge or rose oil both expensive but good stories about them but it must be alpine lavender not common old stuff

I hear you about the hot and humid. That's pretty much all the time here.
Some brands of coconut water add other stuff that can effect the taste like preservatives and fake sweeteners. And then some people just don't like coconut. Try one that has a single ingredient list before you give up on it.

Another thing you can do if you are not a coconut fan is to mix in some other flavors like some lemon or lime juice, some soda water, etc.

cutting part of the brain out is scary

have you considered laser ablation and brain stimulation?

Yes it's scary. I'm glad I just past fifteen months after a "successful" surgery. :)

I considered neurofeedback before my surgery. But it wasn't an financial or local option
for me. If I knew that the RTLS was going to work, I would've had it done years ago.
But fear and medication options pushed it out of my mind.

What a wonderful news! It really is a wonder what surgery can do. I have seen it happen with several children. Good to read it was so successful for an adult too.

16 Months and whaddya get?

Another month older, and no seizures just yet. :)

Despite the nasty high temperatures, no seizure activity. :)
I welcome the cooler temperatures.

Isn't that just THE GREATEST. And now that autumn is coming, the best is yet to be! COOL!

Recent neurologist visit went good. This time doc was on time, and pleasant.
Visit was all about how I was doing, and where I wanted to go from here. :)

All labs looked good, looking better, reflexes fine, AED will stay longer until "I feel ready". I will see doc yearly now, and call for Rx scripts. :)

The other end of this long tunnel is ever so closer.

107ot2q.jpg

dyrxix.jpg

10/13/15

Seventeen Months and still seizure free. :)

It's been only seventeen months
But I've been shown something, I've never seen
My brain has only been to seventeen months
Doctor says it's too soon, but it's been soon enough for me.
:):)

For those that are interested, here is the inspiration for lyrics.

[ame]http://youtu.be/GlN3oEjMpUQ[/ame]

Yippee cooler temps!!! :)

Congratulations Bigman! Oh - how are the workouts going these days now that it is cooler?

The workouts are better temp wise. :) It's the workout variety that's the problem. :(

I'm limited to the gym equipment that's there. Which isn't a great selection. But I can't complain too much about that because you can't beat the price & hours. It's open 365 days 6AM-10PM (including all holidays), and it only cost me $20 (onetime payment). :)

I think I may have hit my weight loss plateau. I've been stuck at 240lbs for a while. Haven't gained any weight, but haven't lost any either.

I know that I should eat more healthier. But my IBS is a real PITA to eat around. My next PCP appt is soon. I'll ask about seeing a dietitian or nutritionist that specializes in IBS patients.

I'm thinking of maybe giving jump roping a try. Do you think a guy over 30+yrs can learn how? lol

Congratulations!! When I was losing weight, sometimes I would just stay at a plateau for awhile. Then I would start losing weight again.

You do need a nutritionist.

Walking is good exercise. I lost weight walking 3 times a week. I need to exercise again.

The workouts are better temp wise. :) It's the workout variety that's the problem. :(

I'm limited to the gym equipment that's there. Which isn't a great selection. But I can't complain too much about that because you can't beat the price & hours. It's open 365 days 6AM-10PM (including all holidays), and it only cost me $20 (onetime payment). :)

I think I may have hit my weight loss plateau. I've been stuck at 240lbs for a while. Haven't gained any weight, but haven't lost any either.

I know that I should eat more healthier. But my IBS is a real PITA to eat around. My next PCP appt is soon. I'll ask about seeing a dietitian or nutritionist that specializes in IBS patients.

I'm thinking of maybe giving jump roping a try. Do you think a guy over 30+yrs can learn how? lol

Weight loss plateaus are a pain! It's my understanding that they are pretty normal, but no "guaranteed" weight loss program will ever tell you that. Different things work for different people. Sometimes splitting up a workout into two sessions rather than doing one long one helps. I'm experimenting with eating my biggest meal of the day at lunch time rather than at dinner, because I am far more active (and therefore will burn more calories) in the afternoon than in the evenings. Workout variation is supposed to make a difference and maybe does for some people.

Definitely a guy over 30 can learn to skip! I've seen in happen :) It is great exercise. As dumb as it may sound, though, practice doing skipping without the rope first to make sure your knees and ankles can take the impact, and then every time you are about to start a skipping session warm up my doing light jumps to warm up. Let me know how it goes!

Skipping is out for me. I am 72 years old. Walking is the most exercise I can do.

:banana:

Back
Top Bottom