mood, anxiety, and brain surgery

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

qtowngirl

CWE Supporter/E Hater
Supporter
Reaction score
for anyone who is considering surg, this is a must-read (for your family and friends as much as for yourself)...

for anyone who has had surg, how relevant did you find this after (aka in your new life)?

http://epilepsy.com/article/2014/4/...ail&utm_term=0_cf0feb6500-8d47a0b02c-12067713

not just in general, but with stress also being my #1 seizure trigger, i find this very true. have also learned that the longer we don't do whatever it takes to be in the right frame of mind (= low stress and a positive outlook on our future), the more we are risking ourselves.
imo mood and anxiety are almost more important, b/c if our thoughts/moods/fears are going to stay negative or get worse, it puts us at such a high risk of seizing that it was almost not worth having part of our brain taken out.

:hugs: to anyone on this journey.

I already posted this and found it NOT very relevant in my case. It doesn't speak the whole truth.

qtowngirl

As you know I have not had brain surgery but I think it is very relevant, although I suppose that in one or two cases it may have no bearing but these would be few I would think.

I second what fed up said. I've not had surgery, but I found that link very informative and interesting. I appreciate you posting it. :)

I had brain surgery know good. I know my triggers and refuse to put life on hold because of them.I've seen some of the best doctors in the country big deal. I'm also med resistant and allergic to meds so this doesn't apply to me..

Back
Top Bottom