my hospital won across the globe... i'm speechless.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

qtowngirl

CWE Supporter/E Hater
Supporter
Reaction score
this story needs to be read first for it to make sense...

www.mrsaidblog.com/2011/04/18/mrsai...s-part-of-infection-control-project/#more-185

AND THEY WON!!!!!!
'A team from Vancouver General Hospital has been recognized at a prestigious international conference endorsed by the World Health Organization for their innovative work to reduce the risk of surgical site infections (SSIs).
The VGH team competed against 40 international teams to win the Innovation Award of Excellence from the International Consortium for Prevention & Infection Control (ICPIC), which highlights innovations in the practice of infection control and prevention of anti-microbial resistance.'

it was announced to the medical profession dec. 12, 2012 and implemented first at VGH a few months before my surgery!
lowered infection rates by 39%?! one of the first pictures today i seen in the news was identical to mine (below) other than her being older and still partly dressed. they put the stuff all up your nose then you hold the light.

post-pilot project i would have been in the first group of brain surgery patients at vgh to have this after they got the award. would have been great to know going in but finding out while i'm recovering? 100 times better!!
*tears* and a glass of wine!

thanks for reading, love nat :) :) :)

2lvl5rd.jpg

i know right?!
just one more thing to add to my bonus list. one of the best epileptologists and neurosurgeons in canada and now this!
ahhhh... life. still surreal to be 161 days seizure-free but it's a good thing, the new me ;)

Back
Top Bottom