my journey started today :)...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

qtowngirl

CWE Supporter/E Hater
Supporter
Reaction score
january:

-29/2011... three years ago today i had one of the worst grand mals and my first one alone. it was the sz that brought about the MRI that found the lesion.
-also... my mel (2ndchances) is 9 months post-op today!

-31/2011 ... the day i left my neurologist. the appt was about the sz two days prior and to book eeg/mri. i was very distraught, and he made my bf stand against the wall rather than sit with me, so his nursing student could have the other chair. that was it, i got the tests booked and left, knowing i would never go in his office again. my gp was angry at his behaviour and unprofessionalism and sent me to the provincial epilepsy team... they saved me.
-also... this is my day 180 seizure-free. this was mel's biggest most special day in her so-far 9 months recovery journey, when she did the epilepsy triathlon and raised money. i was on day 77 and admired her so, and this friday, i'm there :)

february:

-4/2014... 6 months seizure-free
-9/14... 6 months since surgery (and legally allowed to drive again)
-12/14... first post-op and seeing the team that saved my life

-14/2011 ... three years ago today my lesion was found. valentine's day will never be the same, i LOVE my surgeon for taking it out and making me ok.
-brings a silver lining on the dick that my neuro was that day... i stayed long enough for him to schedule testing, and that mri gave my epilepsy a true cause. so dr. daly, thank you for that.

:crying: overwhelming three weeks ahead, thanks for being part of all this friends. most of all... mel. i know you know b/c i've said it like 8 million times but it's always so fresh... i couldn't have made it this far without you, i love you.

Last edited:
HAPPY 180!!!
And so fitting, because as we know, it's a 180 degrees from the "life" we had before, isn't it. SO, so proud of you.
:wave: :rock: :clap:

It makes me beam when I read "my mel"... love it!!

Today is a huge milestone for you, as are the upcoming ones.. there's no stopping you now!!
Love you right back. :flowers:

well day 180 is on friday.... book your flight ticket now ;)

and then you can spend these three weeks with me too!

:roflmao:

true, but monday is two days over with :) also btw... this was how i started my 3 weeks, lastnight...

i said to myself 'to hell with it, i've been given a 2nd chance at life, i'm going to meet him.' i talked to a producer after his show and told her about my surgery and how i learnt about david a few months before surg, and that we listened to him lots right up to me going to the hospital, and how i can't believe at a week away from my 6-months seizure-free i just watched him live.
she went and talked to him then motioned for me to come behind closed doors... and there he was. told him all about the epilepsy and surg and how it was surreal to be standing beside him. hugged him over and over and he was so proud to have such a fan. mel, what a way to start... still feels surreal today ;)

the cover in this link is the cd i bought, and he signed the front for me... "for natasha..."

qtowngirl

That is so touching you bring tears to my eyes, that neurologist was a prick but then he had no idea who he was dealing with, did he qtowngirl. 2ndchances's did the epilepsy triathlon, some woman I could not run 10 feet. Both you and mel are never to be forgotten brave ladies not alone have you helped others but you helped me as well. There is little that can be said that you should not already know. :clap: Well done Ladies. :dancing2::dancing2:

Very cool, Natasha. I'm really happy for you and Mel. A great life turnaround. Thanks for posting the David Myles video, also. I've never heard him or even heard of him, but I really like that style of music. That must have been really exciting meeting him. Onward and upward!

Just stopping in to say "hi".....love reading
the threads & keeping up with your progress!
One day at a time, so proud of you Tosh!!!
Love Aunt Cath

Hi Mel........good to hear from you!! I don't get on the forum often but always find it so informative when I do. CONGRATS on your milestones also, I watched one of your videos & am looking forward to viewing the 2nd one. Give yourself a HUGE pat on the back, you deserve it!! :clap::clap:

Back
Top Bottom