scientific journals

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
What journals are reputed for neurological pharmacology, on a biochemical level? Damn I know that was specific, haha. I'd like to read about studies in vivo and in vitro.

I'm essentially asking this: how do various medications for various things (ADD/ADHD, epilepsy, generalized seizure disorder, depression, etc.) affect neural biochemistry on a receptor/substrate level? Do the receptor chains for anything experience conformational changes dependent on titer/dosage? I'm especially asking that in context of benzodiazepines.

Does anyone know of long term clinical trials exploring benzodiazepine use?

Totally random but a friend wanted to ask me of the genetic or enzymatic basis of obsessive-compulsive disorder; didn't really have an answer for him since I'm not familiar with any part of that mechanism.

-Sam

I have access to most journals through my university, actually. Do you know any ones from there? Preferably more emphasis on biochemistry than epidemiology or psychology, unless the two are connected that well.

I would ask your professors (best biology or chemistry) what s/he thinks is the best journal & ask why?

Back
Top Bottom