In The Shadows No More - my private epilepsy life for the world to see

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

qtowngirl

CWE Supporter/E Hater
Supporter
Reaction score
hello all, wow has it ever been awhile!
am at 18 months post-surg and it's still surreal to me how much it really changes your life. in part it changes who you are actually, esp. when one has had E for such a long time (am at 21 years).

2015 is my 2nd year as a provincial fundraiser; it sure is consuming but in a good way :rock:
here is the latest part of my journey, a fundraising page with my full (eek!) story, just started it in december and it's really getting out there, esp. once i went all-out in my city in a full page article on what living with epilepsy (including brain surgery) is like. it was called 'In the shadows no more.'

www.tinyurl.com/natashas-story

http://vghfoundation.ca/natashas-story (posted this here in september)

thanks cwe members for reading, and to the life-long friends i have met on here - some of you have been part of changing my life for the better and none of this would have been tolerable without you.

hugs and love, nat.

qtowngirl

You never lived in the shadows, and you done an extremely brave and Loving thing by putting yourself out there because without you putting yourself out there, no story.
So you are a star now, do not forget your poor friends.

Thank you so very much for what you have done and in putting out your story out there, you have helped me and others so much, Thanks does not seem enough. You are a very brave person.

the double edge sword with E, we all have a story but it's one we usually don't tell. and when you do it really is surreal, but what a REWARD.
ie: just got off the phone with someone i know through business who heard it from someone who read the article - he wants to know how he can help fundraise (has a great little restaurant/coffee shop). his comment was "but i see you quite often and I'd never have guessed..."

"and that," i said, "is epilepsy" ...aka an easy disease to hide. unless lol they take part of your brain out and it tells you your mission is to raise money (my mel, 2nd chances on here) has also became an E fundraiser in toronto after her 2nd surgery. 'mel and nat' as we're known have a long-term plan to take over the country and then the planet... :)

Last edited:
Hey qt, so good to hear that you are thriving! Thank you for working to make a difference for those of us with epilepsy, and helping to educate those who are ignorant of what it means to live with this disorder.
:hugs:

Nak

qtowngirl

A double edge sword is a good description, I had not forgotten 2nd chances another brave person. We all have a story but you put your out there. It takes something special to put yourself out there in full view of the world and to take on fundraising as well, none of which is an easy decision.

You are a person with a lot of giving and no taking, shows the Love, compassion and care things that count a lot. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Hi, Nat
I just watched the video again - it is amazing! I am so glad you are continuing to do well. If you are ever out this way again to VGH, give me a shout and we can meet for coffee again :)

You're a star, Nat! The comment that the one person made, about never knowing is so spot on. It's the invisible disease, right, until we have a seizure in from of them, or proudly show off our scars :) Proud of you!

Hi Nak, Fedup and masterjen!! :hello:

Howdy 2nchances! Hope you are doing well! I think I recently sent a new member to check out your threads, since they were considering a second brain surgery.

Wow, what a wonderful outcome! Congratulations!!!! Also, thank you for sharing your story with the world and helping others.

I'm really impressed Q. You're an amazing person with an amazing story. I'm so happy things are going well. :D

Back
Top Bottom