Video EEG Soon :/

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
So I'm going in for my video EEG in 2 weeks and I wanna know what to expect. I've heard it's pretty terrible. What sort if things did you bring to make it a bit better?

It's not terrible, just draining on your body physically and mentally.

I would recommend that you shave you head or cut it really short. That you help the techs
to attach the electrodes easier. It also makes it easier for you to get the glue out of your
hair later on.

Stuff to bring:

button up pjs
slippers
crossword puzzles
book(s) or magazines
old cd player / radio / walkman (something that you wouldn't be to upset if it got broken)

Most importantly be patient. You may me there a few hours or days before they get a good reading.

When I had mine several years ago I checked in on a Monday, and checked out that Friday. In a couple months I will be going back in for another round of Video EEG.
This is to verify that my seizure focal point has expanded, or changed in any other way.

Good luck in your testing session. :)

Back
Top Bottom