7 month old dx with epilepsy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I noticed a couple weeks ago my daughter would randomly start "shaking." The first time I didnt think anything about but it happened twice more and afterwards she would get very sleepy and other than sleeping after her "shaking" spells she wont sleep other than right after. I made an appointmet with her pcp and they sent us to Austin to a neurologist. We went on August 15,2011 and had her first EEG done. They came back and told us she had epilepsy and also said there was an abnormality on the test on the back right side of her brain where her vision is. Now we are waiting on a MRI to make sure her brain is normal. They put her on Trileptal 1.5 ml twice a day. The dr seems to think as of now before seeing the MRI she will grow out of it. I was so heartbroken for my baby I didnt ask many questions while we were there. But I have done plenty of research and now I am just very scared for my daughter.

Dont worry dear, but keep ur research on! All will be well! Sometimes we fear many things but they turn out to be not that bad. Take care of the child! We all are with u!

Ashley, I am so sorry to hear about your daughter, it is so scary when your baby has epilepsy. I hope the medication can control it well, keep her close and watch her for any side effects. My son is 7 and was just diagnosed, it is a battle to get back to a sense of normal, but eventually you do find your new normal. Good luck and I hope it all turns out okay for you.

Back
Top Bottom