Antibiotics again

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

donnajane

New
Reaction score
More poor little man is on antibiotics again. This is is second lot is just on 3 weeks. They confuse his condition as we often find once they start working he is even better than when he is just on Tegretol. I have let his GP, Paed and Nureo know this has it has already happened with 3 lots of antibiotics this year and these last 2 lots recently have had a simialr result. My "gut" is telling me it can't just be coincidence. Hopefully one of his Dr's will look into ith this time.
3 weeks ago his scraped the top off his nuckle, didn't tell me as doesn't seem to fell pain like most do. I saw it when I was changing his nappy blood on his hand. It was alomst 1/2 of his finger damaged it got worse so ended up having to get it dressed by a nurse every day and antibtioics. While this was happening he developed a red spot just under his lip. Then a week later one above his eye. He was on first lot of antibiotics for 7 days. I asked our school nurse to check his spot and she said they were probably nothing as he had been on Antibiotics. Anyway GP gave him cream but now a week later we have more spots, another injury to the underside of a finger and he is now on more oral antibiotics. In general otherwise he is pretty good. He does have lots of manic states and can get quite violent when like this but seizure other wise only a few, that we know of overnight and spasms during the day.
We have to see the GP on Monday again as I don't think he is quite sure what is going on. I will admit I am a bit worried as I keep wondering if his immune system is a bit down and then wonder if it has to do with the lesion in his brain. If GP is still unsure on Monday or if his condition worsen's in the the next day with will be back off to the ED.
They have labeled my little man's condition as Grey as they still have not much of an idea as to what is going on. Its not obvious black or white like some.
Sorry for the long post just needed to write it down. Getting a bit frustrated for my little guy. Just wish they could work out more what is going on so he can just be a toddler!

Donna

So sorry your baby if suffering :( and if he is suffering I know you will be too.

Would like to suggest a read of this thread, do not be put off by title....it’s full of info on the gut/immune system link and some…..then some more.

http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f23/sunshine-seizures-3021/

as your little fella has had many doses of antibiotics, may be worth researching if he should be taking probiotic, he is young so research this well..

we wish the very same for him and you, that he can be just a little a toddler!

Back
Top Bottom