Date for MRI

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

donnajane

New
Reaction score
On Friday we recieved the date for my 13 month olds MRI. Its on Aug 8th. Seems like such a long wait but the Nureo is trying to wait until he's 18months+ If he has a bad run of events/seizures like he did just over a week ago he might consider bringing it earlier.
His run of pretty good days ended today but the MRI, as well as his EEG in 2 weeks, gives us something to foucs on.

It can be hard to play the waiting game -- it feels so much better to be proactive. I know you are doing everything you can to help your son, which is great!. Keep up the good work! The August MRI may provide useful info, but there's also the possibility that it won't, so try not let it loom too large while you are waiting.

Thanks for the response. For us this MRI will be a help. If it shows nothing then we at least will know he doesn't have a tumour or scar tissue. If it shows something we may be one step close to finding an answer. So far 4 EEG's all clear but the Nureo has scheduled him for another on 8th March as he says things are not quite right.
AT the moment we are living the land of questions and not sure when to seek assistance for bub when his events really concern us as his events/seizures although he's often having several a day are still no more than 10 sec. His Nureo who gets us to email him a weekly update hasn't responded to either of the last 2 updates which is unusual as in the past he responded every week and although this week has been OK, some good some bad, the week before "scared" us and also had the staff at his child care worried.
Just like everyone else wants we would love some answers or at least any idea of what is going on with our little man.
Thanks again.

Donnajane

WOW! That is quite the wait. I am impatient and all, but waiting that long with the issue being so unknown doesn't seem right. Not trying to scare you, you know I am in the same "waiting and wondering" situation. I hope the Dr can move the MRI up. My son had an MRI when he was about 14 months.

Back
Top Bottom