Forum for parents?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I'm listening hard because, I'm tired. I have epilepsy and so does my son. 13. He thinks his epilepsy is going to be as bad as mine has been. I'm burned out right now and I'm just listening ,learning and loving the best way I know how right now. Thanks for letting me cry. I'm done for now. Teresa

{{{Teresa & son}}}

We are all trying to make best of our respective situations.

What Parents want to Know

Hello, I’m new to the forum. I have a grand daughter that has been diagnosed with epilepsy. So far she has not responded well to her medications. I am considering Cannabidiol or CBD. Could any parents out there tell me what questions I should ask about using CBD? What should I want to know about CBD and my grandchild?

My son is 18 now . Diagnosed at birth. I have epilepsy and so does my son. I know how hard it is to see a part of you go through. I have been on just about been on every med. And my son is on two of them. How old is your Grandchild? I have had epilepsy for 40 years. You just ask what you need to know. What kind of seizures are they. Do you have any books. My name is Teresa and I am a true advocate for my son and others that don't understand it yet. Epilepsy is so much better now,well the doctors are.I am going to be praying for you and your family. It will work out. Teresa with all my love

Parentes Being Able To Get Advice From Former Kids

Katie's Mom,
I know that parents have many questions about how they should deal with their child(ren) and their child(ren)'s E. A person who has had a child w/E can answer these questions, but a person who was a child w/E can can give those parents the actual results of how a parent raised their child w/E. I know that I have previously been asked by parents who have a child(ren) w/E, 'How can I do something so that my child is NOT being hurt in any way?'
This can be a very important thing to think about, because children remember more than many people realize. If their parent(s) do or don't do something that the child dislikes, that memory can be burned into the child's memory, and if the child feels they were denied something or something was forced onto them, they may remember and hold onto some type of discomfort or resentment as a result of what they remember about their childhood.

ACsHuman

Hi ACsHuman,

This is anold thread resurrected with a non sequitur. This thread started before this forum was created.

Research everything. Like if your Doctor is talking to you about a certain medication, know everything about it first. Like Depakote go to Depakote.com and it will find you answers to lots of questions. Most of them. I have been on a lot of the medications and some of them have changed . Listens to the docs but make your peace known. You do not have to do any thing you do not want to.Teresa

Back
Top Bottom