Head shaking?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Msimpson

New
Reaction score
So last night my three year old woke up around 1:00 AM. We were sitting on the couch and his head started shaking/trembling back and forth. I tried talking to him and asking him if he was okay but he did not respond. Once the shaking stopped I asked him if he was okay and he said yes but then it started again and he became unresponsive until the shaking resolved. It only affected his head and the overall episode was very brief. His MRI and 24 hour EEG is scheduled for next week but if anybody has some insight as to what this sounds like I would love to hear it.

Sounds just like a couple of seizures. My head often gets pulled to the right for part of my seizure. I'm told sometimes it rocks back & forth a bit, other times I'm told it jerks & other times I"m told it does neither.

If this has never happened before then definitely keep track of when they happened.

I would say each episode lasted less than 30 seconds. He has had several episodes of tremors and possible seizure activity and all of it seems to revolve around his sleep.

I get the exact same thing your son had. My head goes up and down like a jack hammer. It's only when I am sleeping. The eeg and mri came up clean, but for partial seizures that's not uncommon. I'll be anxious to hear how your sons tests come out.

Good luck with the tests next week. Recently my little man sometimes shakes his head after an event it's almost like he trying to shake something out of his head? When he was doing "Shudders" a lot and his arms would tremmor his head and neck would often go stiff and eyes wide and his head would tremmor as well. His events were very short.
I hope you can get some answers soon.
Donnajane

Back
Top Bottom