Does anyone know of programs that help with prescriptions?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I'm on medicare but also have a prescription plan. I know here in the US you have to have medical insurance but I'm not sure if you have to have any type of insurance dealing with meds. I pay $35 a month for that and a percentage of the cost for my meds. Most of them cost between $30 and $50 but one is over $200. Do you know if they will still work if you have a prescription plan? I'm going to give them a call on Monday to see but wanted to know if anyone knew before I did this?

Also does it work with generics, which all the meds I'm taking are, or do they have to be name brand? If not can you have your neuro change you over to name brand so you can use it? Can you use more than one of these programs if a med you take isn't available from one of them?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for any answers.

Last edited:
My meds don't cost any more than they have in the past. But at least part of the problem isn't with the reforms, it's with the drug lobby which successfully lobbied congress to strip the Affordable Care Act of provisions that would lower drug prices.

Contact the manufacturer of the drug- they have programs to just Give you the drugs for free. You just have to fill out a form, and get your doctor to sign off on it. Mail it in, free meds every month.

Back
Top Bottom