157 Days

salsa-mad

New
Reaction score
I had a nocturnal seizure in the early hours of Friday morning (after 157 seizure-free days). I woke up from a nightmare and felt like I’d been hit my a train. I managed to get dressed for work but stood at the front door for ages, totally spaced out, unable to reach for the handle.

I decided it would be wise not to leave the house... thankfully my boss is very understanding when I call her and sob down the phone :) I spent the day on the sofa, staring into space.

Oh well. 2.5 days seizure free!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nakamova

Super Moderator / Thank You Queen
Reaction score
<<hugs>>
You get your hopes up and then...WHAM. Epilepsy can be especially cruel that way.

Any chance you can identify a trigger for the seizure? Regardless, I hope you can take it easy for a bit, and that you start to feel better soon.

salsa-mad

New
Reaction score
Thank you for the hug!

No common trigger that we can find. I have had them at all times of day and night and month. Flashing lights and 3D films make me feel a bit sick but have never triggered a seizure. Weirdly the film ‘Gravity’ set me off. I think it was to do with the constantly-moving cinematography. It made my head go ‘whooshy’ and I ended up on the floor in the foyer (I never fall on the floor. I always have the presence of mind to sit myself down). Also randomly, the lines on the laminate floor in a shop once when the floor went from flat to a slight slope and the way the lines changed slightly confused my brain and again I ended up sitting on the floor!

I used to have a problem with chlorine, but that seems to have stopped, which is good because I now work in a hospital so it is a common smell!

According to my Neurologist this lack of a common trigger is typical of my disorder (PVNH). It keeps life interesting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gymrat827

New
Reaction score
<<hugs>>
You get your hopes up and then...WHAM. Epilepsy can be especially cruel that way.

Any chance you can identify a trigger for the seizure? Regardless, I hope you can take it easy for a bit, and that you start to feel better soon.
yea, do you have any clue what could be a potential cause..?