72 hour outpatient EEG while sleeping

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

skyfire322

Stalwart
Reaction score
I spoke to my new neurologist today, and he said that he wants to do a 72 hour outpatient (thank the gods, lol) EEG. I'm not worried about looking weird out in public, because I already get the "look" because of my mohawk and tattoos. I'm actually looking forward to my new (albeit temporary) style! My dream of becoming a cyborg is almost complete! :roflmao:

The one question I do have though is if it's a pain (literally and figuratively) while sleeping. I already have a very rough time sleeping, and have a tendency to toss and turn once I do sleep. I assume that the sleep deprivation is a cause of most of my seizures, so I'm sure the doctors will get some interesting readings, hehe.

For those of you who have had these, are there any tricks to get more comfortable when you went to sleep? I'd rather not go back every day to get my electrodes fixed up.

Hi Skyfire, I have nocturnal seizures too. I just did my 72hr EEG 2 weeks ago and I get my results tomorrow. I toss a lot due to my seizures...I even wander around my house according to my daughter and I was reeeally worried about whether or not I'd have the mental capacity to grab the machine or not! Luckily I didn't wander during the 3 nights I had to wear it. lol The technician wrapped my head in gauze pretty good and tight because I told him I toss and turn in my sleep and that worked pretty good. So, if I were you I'd do the same. Also, he'll put a butt-load of the glue onto the electrodes, too. Make sure to put the machine in the bed with you, rather than setting it on the night stand. That will allow you room to toss. The first two nights that I wore it, I didn't sleep very well because I was conscious of the wires, but the third night I was exhausted so I took some Benadryl and wrote a note in the diary...This is my brain on Benadryl. hahaha. I couldn't stand another night of not sleeping.

Back
Top Bottom