A ‘what was that?’ moment

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Birdbomb

VNS Guru
Reaction score
I just read the entry in Stacy's diary. I must say, strange emotional attacks aren't all that uncommon.

Fits of laughter, rage, crying jags are all part of the wonderful world of simple partical seizures. The real fun ones are when you have the need to flee. And I mean to book* like the place is on fire. I experianced a few of those in the car. Nothing like jumping out of a moving vehicle in traffic!

The fits of rage are more fequent. I have thrown furniture, broken dishes, and called people every vile name imaginable and made up a few new ones.

Nothing in particular sets any of these episodes off and they must run their course like any other seizure. But in the rage ones, if I am disturbed, or bothered by anyone trying to calm me down, it makes it much worse. Kind of like trying to hold down someone in a grand mal.

I am lucky these are much more rare occurances now a days. They were really awful at the begining of my seizure disorder.

Hang in there Stacy. They pass, and just like a fart are soon forgotten. :wink:

* run

Thanks for writing in response to my diary. One of these days, I'm going to publish all this crap. It'll sell better than a soap opera.

I've found that I do have fits of rage and I have to go sit on the stairway to keep from saying mean things to my kid. My thoughts are no worse than running away from it all, or getting right in someone's face and yelling at the top of my lungs. I am usually able to calm myself down, (Bern does a good job too), but sometimes it takes more effort to get the job done. I'm also pretty easy going most of the time. I am lucky, for I am always able to redirect my anger. I need to buy new pillows though, as my current ones have stuffing missing.

I also have entire days where I am in the best mood a person can be in. I mean, I see the bright side of ANY situation, every time. I'm looking forward to the time when I can be that way all the time.

Back
Top Bottom