American gp

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seagull

Veteran
Reaction score
My husband went see doc at last because no doc been here for ages.Husbands eyes pop out doc was American officer in uniform.The NHS just not get GPs so we taken on at my surgery two army officers from Laken Heath American base.You never see soldiers I think certain criteria with uniform but these guys wore these I don't think they pleased.must be huge base As said no reason to come out.i gather the soldiers see our gp certain times.I think we must be very desperate.so they getting army officer wages I guess British locumgp money. On top.There is brish army base not that far I don't know why they not used unless British army not got any docs.My husband said doc did everything gave husband half hour British gp only surpposed give you ten mins and only one ailment.if your docs do that you lucky

Interesting! As long as the doctor is a good one, I suppose it doesn't matter whether he's from a U.S. base or not.

My family was living on an army base in Europe when I fell and hit my head badly (the probable the cause of my seizures, though they didn't start until 30 years later). I was sent to the nearest U.S. army hospital and received excellent care. Mind you, this was in the early 1970s. :)

Back
Top Bottom