Another Young Life Taken By E

tinasmom

New
Reaction score
This was posted on my FB last night:

Please PRAY for the HUFFINES family I do not know them personally but one of my friends let me know that their 11 year old Daughter had a massive SEIZURE last night and she passed away this afternoon. God and the heavens have another ANGEL AMONGST them. MAY GOD BLESS HER FAMILY at this most difficult of times and may that SWEET SWEET Child rest in eternal peace now and forever more free from SEIZURES but at a cost so very dear to so many.

Nakamova

Super Moderator / Thank You Queen
Reaction score
So sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with the family.

Cint

Veteran
Supporter
Reaction score
My condolences go to this family and all families who've lost a loved one to SUDEP.

Just last week at my local Starbucks I met another mother who lost her 17 year old daughter to SUDEP back in 2009. Now they have started a foundation on her behalf to help raise money for seizure response dogs. A worthy cause I plan to support.

http://www.chelseahutchisonfoundation.org/?q=goals

jyearta

New
Reaction score
another young life taken by E

I am sorry to hear about this loss. My prayers are with her family.

Reaction score
this would be horrible at any age , but at 11 , so young and so awful , my thoughts are with the family

The Dude

New
Reaction score
Anytime a parent out lives their child is a horribly terrible experience. I am so so very sorry and I will send out positive vibes for this young girl in hopes that she is at peace. If it's not too personal I'm curious was it the seizure that caused the fatality or was it a secondary cause ie head injury, breathing ect... ? Just curious. :e:

Rae1889

Veteran
Reaction score
This is terrible news. A friend I met online had her 19 month old son die from seizures a few weeks ago. his name was Joseph Knight. You may have seen the post around facebook if you belong to any of the seizure/epilepsy groups.

Reaction score
This is a very tragic situation, but also increases frustration towards the uniformed. Those who have little knowledge about Epilepsy have no clue WHAT we go thorough or what the ultimate consequence could be. Lord forbid that anyone who suffers from epilepsy ends eith a fatality but there is always that chance, no matter how small. Very few people realize that, and sometimes I wish there was more education about it

Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear this, I have a son with clonic/tonic seizures and the idea of losing him is something I can't imagine, my heart goes out to them and others in that situation.

Reaction score
I can't imagine what the family must be going through. No words I could possibly say would express how sorry I am to them.