Anyone else experince back pain couple years after epilepsy

Reaction score
I have had epilepsy for about 2 1/2 years now but after the first year(my junior yr.) I started having extreme back pain. I had a x-ray done and the doctors said it was sclerosis. They put me on hydrocodon for pain but it just doesn't help. I thought it might be related to my epilepsy. Anyone else experiencing this??

Belinda5000

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
TMNtlover96
I've never been controlled with my epilepsy in 50 yrs and I've fallen so many times it just made back problems worse with the wear and tear on my back.

photoguy

New
Reaction score
I've had pain, on and off, due to tonic-clonics and the spasms that occur during the event. The thing that really helped, other than time to heal, was prednisone (steroid).

Nakamova

Super Moderator / Thank You Queen
Reaction score
Tmntlover96 --

Any chance the docs meant "stenosis" (narrowing of the spinal column that impinges on nerves) rather than "sclerosis"? If it's definitely sclerosis, do you know which kind?

denverboz

Pillar
Reaction score
I have had epilepsy for about 2 1/2 years now but after the first year(my junior yr.) I started having extreme back pain. I had a x-ray done and the doctors said it was sclerosis. They put me on hydrocodon for pain but it just doesn't help. I thought it might be related to my epilepsy. Anyone else experiencing this??
Not really sure what caused it, but I did have some sciatica for awhile. My significant other, seemed to think it could have been from my seizures, all the thrashing around I do. Though it also may have been from standing on concrete floors all day at work. Hard to pinpoint, cuz I had my last seizure right before I started working, and the sciatica started shortly after that. Thankfully it has gone away, the pain was hell.

Penny

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
I have lower back pain all the time. Just figured it was probably a combo of seizures and meds.