Anyone had this problem

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ammeread

New
Reaction score
OK so last december i had my first tonic clonic and then had two more before starting my medication which has stopped the seizures.

Heres the problem, after each seizure i had a banging headache and the tops of my arms were killing me , my arms have never been the same since sometimes if i lift them or move them in a certain position its almost as if the spasm again causing me pain.

Has anyone had this still happen so long after a seizure?

I've only had 4 t/c's, and the only pain I experienced after was sore muscles where the thighs meet the body, doc said it was from the spasming, and it lasted a few days, same as if I'd just done some exercise I'd never done before.

It sounds like the spasming of the seizures caused damage to the rotator cuffs in your shoulders. You should see a physical therapist and/or orthopedist to diagnose the exact problem and take it from there.

(I dislocated my shoulder during one seizure, and ripped the muscle farther during the next one. Eventually I had surgery to fix he tear. So it's definitely possible to do a fair amount of arm damage during a grand mal.)

Most of the meds are muscle relaxants so often when we go to move suddenly we are actually fighting some of the properties of the meds - just a thought. If I get out of bed in the night I take one step forward then many back often causing me to fall backwards!
:)

Most of the meds are muscle relaxants so often when we go to move suddenly we are actually fighting some of the properties of the meds - just a thought. If I get out of bed in the night I take one step forward then many back often causing me to fall backwards!
:)

Yeah never thought of that, thats actually a good point

Back
Top Bottom