Are These Side Effects Or Something Diffrent?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

JLogefeil

New
Reaction score
So with the new dosage that I m taking are these side effects? I have been feeling like dizzy, and I m like seeing things, not like people but shapes ( shapes are the best way I can explain it, also like different colors), hard to breath and my heart feels like its beating really fast, I feel laythargic as well. I don't know if it's the new dose I m taking of Keppra i was taking 100mg a day but now 1,500mg. I m sure some of it has to do with the cold I have.

I'm in the process of coming off Keppra 1500mg a day, the cold doent help i imagine but i have the spinning sensation/dizziness and after 9 months on it found it intolerable aswell as mood issues. Also i was hospitalised with a heart arrythmia, no one said it was keppra, im currently having investigations but maybe the keppra was the cause i dont know. my Epilepsy nurse says that the difference in side effects from 1000 to 1500 can be huge, in that side effects arent an issue at 1000mg. but stick with it, they all could pass with any luck

So with the new dosage that I m taking are these side effects? I have been feeling like dizzy, and I m like seeing things, not like people but shapes ( shapes are the best way I can explain it, also like different colors), hard to breath and my heart feels like its beating really fast, I feel laythargic as well. I don't know if it's the new dose I m taking of Keppra i was taking 100mg a day but now 1,500mg. I m sure some of it has to do with the cold I have.

I had that s exact same thing happen to me. Shapes and flashing colors with it. Also heaving breathing like my chest was 50 pounds. Also fast heart rate on and off. I had many more side effects but just listed the ones you mentioned. I stopped my keppra and it all went away.

I had that s exact same thing happen to me. Shapes and flashing colors with it. Also heaving breathing like my chest was 50 pounds. Also fast heart rate on and off. I had many more side effects but just listed the ones you mentioned. I stopped my keppra and it all went away.

julie wishes, that's crazy, so it is from the Keppra then? Will the effects go away?

Well I didn't have them till I upped my dose. After awhile they came. I couldn't stand feeling so psychotic. So I didn't wait around to find out if they would subside. I just quit the meds. My doctor told me there was no way the happened from keppra. I beg to differ. All stopped once the drug was out of my system. Never had it before keppra and don't have it now. The only thing is I heard keppra can cause more or worse seizures. If hallucinating is a type of seizure then that's what happened. So side effect either way. And off keppra, its gone completely.

What type of seizure is it called when you see things. I m getting/seeing these things now while I m taking Keppra, it didn't notice it till I uped my does.

I'm not sure if they're simple partial or complex partial, but they are a seizure, i have tle and used to get them regularly, sometimes on their own sometimes as an aura. get onto your neuro and see what he/she says. keppra has made me a lunatic, im like another person that is why im coming off it.

Back
Top Bottom