Are you photosensitive?

Do flashing lights/colors bother you?

• Yes

Votes: 130 63.4%
  • No

Votes: 75 36.6%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Bernard

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
Lets see what percent of CWE is photosensitive. Voting is anonymous.

Please vote yes if flashing lights/colors triggers seizures, headaches or any sort of non-normal state.

yes, its really bright outside right now and when i was reading an article on the screen with black background and white text after looking outside a huge window for a long period of time I couldnt focus at all on what I was reading and my head hurt a little bit.

I am semi-photic; not a true photosensitive
person - only for a prolonged period of time
will it effect me, however, if a graphic is rapidly
accelerated or beyond the resolutions per second
it can affect me greatly.

Certain fireworks can affect me, strobe lights are
notorious for tripping off CP if prolonged.
LED Strobes such as on Utilities, Buses, Trucks,
etc - especially the brake lights - and I'm stuck
right behind them, even in broad daylight and
wearing expensive USAF aviator's sunglasses are
of no help; I have to shield my face. (That was
when I was driving, I do not drive anymore - but
even as a passenger, I still get stuck behind one
of those vehicles once in a blue moon and I loathe
it and all one can do is helplessly wait for the light
to change to green and for that vehicle to get out
of there or you get out of that vehicle's sight!)

I'm like

Brain, sort of.........but I voted yes.

I don't have any seizures that are triggered...but I can't be AT a fireworks show, yet I can watch them on TV. I can't be at a football game, cuz of the JumboTron, yet I can watch them on TV. Strobe lights bother me, but don't trigger a seizure, just give me a headache. And some flashing graphics.....just a few, bug me. Not that many tho. Usually white on black.

I have a few things that trigger me. I started school again and have been spending a lot of time on the computer. I notice when I am on for a while, or reading online or a book it makes me have twitches and inability to focus for a while.

I am ok with most video games, except grand theft auto for some reason. Before I was diagnosed I tried to play the game a couple times and always quit because it make me feel very strange.

Yes, bright lights really bother me..glaring lights or flashes. Also, grocery stores/ Targets /bookstores etc. with lots of items on shelves bother me greatly.

Ga.Michelle

Sometimes I accuse chestnuts of being lazy... the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess in the insane lament.

I voted for Yes, although I'm not REALLY sensitive to lights.

My reason : if I've HAD a sz, I then feel as though I'm more receptive to light, so if I'm watching TV for instance and there's a police chase with the flashing lights, I have to be extra careful as I do become sensitive.

However, when I'm 'back on track' I have no issues at all with flashing lights/police programs, etc.

I hope that explains it well enough

Yes, I'm photosensitive. Bright lights,flourescent lights,red stop lights and sometimes flashing lights effect me. It's good to know I'm not the only one sensitive to light.

I used to not be. But after coma, it changed everything. The surgery to. The computer will bother me after a while, lights in a store will bother me. I will go into a seizure. Sometimes tonic/clonic and sometimes dejevu,and at times just eyes rolling back with ticking in the ears. I can stop these with a lorazepam.

When my B vitamins (seizure medication) become low, then my seizures are photosensitive. Apart from Absent type seizures (trigger unknown), my photosensitive seizures are all (many different seizure types) controlled with B vitamins only, and have been for approx. 18 years.

Andrew

I definitely am. The overhead fluorescent lights in Walmart, Sam's, etc. make me so dizzy and off balance, I can hardly function and have to leave. Actually, I avoid those places like the plague these days. I hate it.

Yep, Walmart bothers me too. I even said something to the manager one time. I had to go sit down. They were very nice about it.

I don't think I am photosensitive, but my school thinks that that has something with everything...
I don't really have seizures anymore, but I have been having strange episodes of...i don't even know what they are.

But lights do give me migraines from time to time...

Nope...I'm not photosensitive. In high school I was a cheerleader and we used strobe lights all the time; I don't have any problems with videogames or lights in Wal-Mart. But I am a little paranoid about it now...whenever I'm watching TV and I see a lot of flashing lights or in a store with a flickering flourescent light, I try to avoid looking at it, just to be safe.

I guess...

Strobe lights trigger seizures for me, and certain lighting effects make me feel nauseous.

I don't believe I am. Although I've noticed I find some patterns and flashing lights a little irritating. I'm pretty sure I've never had a seizure because of them though. I avoid them anyway, just to be on the safe side.

Rebecca has never shown signs to photosensitivity.

I use to get a head grab when I would walk out into bright sunlight, and I did prefer a dark room if I was in the throws of a migraine.
Haven't had a migraine like that in over 3 years.:rock:

Back
Top Bottom