At a crossroad

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
My last visit to my Neurologist was back in August. I was having on average 6 petites a month. She upped my lamictal 25mg twice a day. Then told me that if they continue within 2 weeks to up to 50mg twice a day. So far so good....until mid last week. Then those "uneasy feelings" started but no actual seizures. I don't know if I should up it just in case or wait until if one occures. What would you do in that situation?

My inclination would be to wait a bit, since sometimes it can take awhile for the brain to adjust to a dosage change, and there can be side effects that come and ago. But I'm not you -- if the indecision or waiting is making you feel anxious, it can't hurt to call your neuro and ask for advice.

I call the neurologist any time I have a worry. "Uneasy feelings" may be the very tip of the simple-partial if that is what you are thinking it may be. Its your choice. I call my doctor right away if there is a problem. He knows how long to give the medicine and will make a proper decision. My neurologist has proven himself worthy of my trust.

It can be a tough decision to make. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom