Banana peel

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Heavy Kevy

Stalwart
Reaction score
If someone else is in the house, and you accidentally drop something or stumble. Do you yell out? I’m okay”

OH yes. Otherwise the Wife panics and comes searching for me, bringing her Pugs with her. Don't get me wrong; Pugs are very charming Dogs, but I can't stand the Breed. I'm a Big Dog person. Besides, have you ANY idea how much Pugs SHED? It's like Dandelion flowers but 365/year. We have to vacuum/sweep more than a cafeteria. But back to the topic: YES. This includes slamming doors, anything that might or might not be loud since I can't tell the difference. We even bought toilet seats that you can't slam; you just push about a quarter of the way, and they slowly move into their closed position. EXACTLY for this reason.

My sister-in-law has those toilet seats. There’s something satisfying about the seat not slamming down 😅

Is it just the people I hang out with, or do women always leave the seat down, but the lid up?

Unsure about MY Wife... I'm not allowed to even set foot in there unless something needs plunging or an otherwise minor repair.

I was taught to put the seat down when I got married. If I’m mad I’ll put the cover down too. Make her do something. 😅

😆 I know it’s quite spiteful.
I heard a comedian tell a joke about putting the cover down. It stuck with me.

...At least it's not putting clear plastic wrap over the bowl, then closing the lid. Now, THAT would be cold-blooded.

I know what you mean about people coming running when they hear noises. My sons will come right away upon hearing loud noises. I always yell that I'm okay if something falls & makes a loud noise to prevent that.

If I make some kind of noise I always get the "Are you ok". If I don't answer, probably because I didn't hear them ask, someone comes running expecting to find me laying on the floor having a seizure.

As far as toilet issues we always keep the lid down that I'm just used to grabbing hold of the lid without looing and sitting down to go. We've had guys over that leave the seat up after they go that I've picked it up, thinking it was the lid, and fallen in!

Pravda: Since I'm deaf, if I haven't reminded anyone lately...
Say, I'm in my bathroom at the end of the hall, and have a fall in there.
We have a fly-swatter with a bit of paper taped onto it, asking simply, "YOU OK??" that we keep hanging on a tack, outside in the hallway. She shoves it under the door, and moves it back and forth, counting to 30. If I haven't responded with and "Slipped in a puddle, no injuries" OR just "Not a seizure" then she won't enter, allowing me my dignity. I do miss when a simple knock would've been fine, but you take what Life feels like taking then something else happens. I guess. Happy to know when I figure it all out lol. I'll share the data.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom