Biomedresearches - Epilepsy Awareness Program

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
My purpose of launching the Epilepsy Awareness Program is the same as the vision and mission I acted upon and worked to ensure their implementation and success for the good of humanity and in particular all affected people and families.

It is not only a sympathy towards those who suffer from the symptoms but it is a sense of responsibility, affiliation and duty to spread the knowledge and awareness and to be involved with more and more people around the world to coordinate together and work voluntarily in the Epilepsy awareness program.

My experience with Epilepsy is not a patient- disease symptom relation; it is situations were I was involved in service and application of medical devices used for performing the Electroencephalography (EEG) tests.

The first time I attended an EEG test was for a young female patient suffering from epilepsy, the moments I observed the changes in her brain wave activities in the recording was a turning one, I looked to the face of the patient and her body lying down on the stretcher and I did not notice any convulsions or any seizures, I wondered why? Then I came to know that she is on medication. As the days go and I continued my carrier, I have attended several cases and the impression was overwhelming and in many occasions it was very disappointing and frustrating to see people who are with no difference than me and my kids are with status, clonic, tonic and absence seizures.

In my opinion, it might be more painful and harmful to watch and see love ones or even strangers suffering and their body shakes like an earthquake, with difficulty to watch them in these conditions without being able to help them, I felt like paralyzed. In order not be passive and habituated to the suffering of others, I spent so much time of thinking to find a way to help elliptic people, their families and society in a way so that awareness of epilepsy is not only my target for patients and families but as well for the society which should surround them with unlimited circle of care and help.
Modern and civilized countries, NGO’s, foundations and charity organizations have started already their active roll in ensuring that people with seizures are able to participate in all life experiences; and prevent, control and cure epilepsy through services, education, advocacy and research.

The purpose of this program is to help individuals with epilepsy to connect and fight, to ensure not another moment lost to seizures, to educate about seizure recognition and seizure first aid and increase understanding about epilepsy, to combat the isolation often associated with epilepsy and to encourage individuals and families to start opening their windows to the world without being felt isolated, to establish a principle that epilepsy creates unity and builds strong bonds, to educate people what to do and what not to do when someone is having a seizure, to encourage concerned authorities to take action to improve the lives of people with epilepsy and to provide communities, schools and workplaces with sessions, courses, seminars and presentation of basics of epilepsy as a medical condition, seizure recognition and first aid and to ensure a safe and supportive environment.

I will be very honored and pleased if we all work togather to spread awareness about epilepsy

Biomedresearches - Epilepsy Awareness Program

Last edited by a moderator:
l have been trying to do all of this for years. I've had epilepsy for over 30 years and been on drug after drug, had a Temporal Lobectomy and the VNS and have been to seminars and have even spoken to groups and schools about it.

It will be nice when the day comes to ensure another moment isn't lost to seizures. Or another life, for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom