Botox and epilepsy ... ?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

AlliOz

New
Reaction score
Hello ... probably mainly to ladies reading this. Now, I have to admit I've done the botox thing twice ... once a month or so before my 40th (four years ago) and then again three months ago. Just between my eyebrows. LOVED the results and the fact it made me FEEL GOOD about myself for a change. I'm seeing a new neurologist tomorrow for a second opinion on my current meds (am on 400 Epilim am and pm and !000 keppra am and pm and feel horrible and dopey and am gaining weight - and still having complex partials).
I want to get botox again so will ask if he has any issues.
Curious if anybody out there has ever had a medical opinion on it .... or aren't any of you as vain as me???

For Botox, the warnings say "use with caution" in someone with epilepsy. If you haven't had any problems in the past, you're probably okay for another round, but you neuro should have the last word on this.

Back
Top Bottom