brivaracetam

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

gymrat827

New
Reaction score
https://www.epilepsy.com/medications/brivaracetam

Anyone take it...??

I was on Keppra (which it is extremely close to but supposedly better with mood/rage/anger) and it ruined me.

I couldnt do it. But this stuff is newer (came out 2yrs ago i was told) and again....Supposedly is much better with irritability so i think i am going to try it.

Can anyone shed any light on this stuff..?

I had no side effects at all with the maximum dose of Keppra, but have lots of anger issues on Briviact. It really is different for each person, apparently the side effects are supposed to be less on briviact, but i've seen the opposite.

If your current medication isn't working for you then it is worth a try, and see how it goes

well i was a nut job on Keppra. Even a tiny dose made me a psycho so im going slow with Brit

Best way to do it. I've been going up really slowly on Briviact. I started on it about a year ago, and am only at 100mg a day so far. Not much in the way of seizure control yet.

I am only 25 am / pm as of now.

I get much better aura's so now i have 15/20 seconds warning when i did not have anything before....

But this too makes my temper flare a bit. I worry cuz i am on the smallest dose..

Back
Top Bottom