Buying gluten free flours online

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

AnnaM

New
Reaction score
Looking to buy in bulk on a budget...Anyone have links they would like to share?

I have never bought online, however a friend has used a few. I will see if I can get that info when I return home from vacation.
I use Rob's Red Mill, and Pamela's Baking mix.
You might also look on: http://www.celiac.com/glutenfreemall/

With that said... it is my personal belief, that we as a society have gone way overboard with our refined flours. It causes a imbalance in the gut, and most will turn into sugar. I know prior to my research, my daughter was eating bagels, cereal, crackers, pastas, etc daily. In the beginning I attempted to replace all of this with a gluten free alternative. Then the more I learned I realized that our cells need much more than this for energy, and certainly feeding the brain. It isn't easy to break old habits, and norms for recipes and meal planning, but necessary to heal the gut.
I love these videos of recovery:
http://www.recoveryvideos.com/autism/dietary-intervention.html
I also love how he worked with his son to get a good green juice in him each day... here is the link to that:
http://www.recoveryvideos.com/autism/ethans-autism-recovery.html

I often get grief for posting this site, but I think it is a good one to look over as all of the recovery videos and photos are an inspiration to us moms.

Thanks Robin! Will check out the links later when kiddos are down. My son's, thankfully,do not each much in the way of grains. They are big protein (eggs, meats, nuts) and fruit eaters. Veggies? Ugh! Having big issues with that one!

eta: I bake or grill most foods. I would say my son Kaden will eat maybe one to 2 slices of bread a day, and Carson, one.

thanks for the gluten-free mall. There's lots of stuff at the local health food stores (and the regular grocery stores, believe it or not), but they don't have everything. The mall is a great online source.

I often get grief for posting this site, but I think it is a good one to look over as all of the recovery videos and photos are an inspiration to us moms.

The problem with just seeing photos is that they do not tell a full story. We only have Stan Kurtz’s perception of what he thinks helped. Also, they appeal to emotion & not proven fact. One of the main ways to tell if something is a fraud is to see if they appeal to your emotion
Marketing strategies play upon our emotions to get us interested in buying a product. Promoters of questionable health products prey upon the emotions of the vulnerable and the desperate

Dr Walts full list of ways to detect frauds or quacks says:

1.Is the product or practice promoted as a “Major Breakthrough,” “Revolutionary,” “Magic,” or “Miraculous”?
2.Do the promotions try to simply elicit an emotional reaction rather than present clear information to help you make an informed decision about the product?
3. Is only anecdotal or testimonial evidence used to support claims of effectiveness?
4. Are claims made about scientific support without giving specific details?
5. Is the information about the therapy or product being provided by a professional lacking in the proper credentials?
http://www.drwalt.com/blog/?p=42

These are just the titles of some ways to recognize a fraud. I suggest reading the descriptions.

Looking at Mr. Kurtzs site he fits all those warnings. I did find it amusing the way he refers to himself as an “independent researcher & educator”. We have to assume that “independent” means no training or credentials or I’m sure they’d be displayed.
Also, Stan Kurtz sells drugs for herpes & shingles without a prescription illegally online claiming they do things they don’t do nor are they approved for. I'm very skeptical of any healer that works outside of the law.

Another point, let’s just assume his “cure” works for people with Autism as he says. It is more common for people with autism to have seizures but that does not mean that what works for autism works for seizures since not all epileptics are autistic.
To use that logic, if I told someone I had a cat they’d assume it had 4 legs but by her logic because of that, it would mean that if an animal has 4 legs it must be a cat.

Robin, I’m very sorry you feel that informing people of our healers backgrounds is giving you “grief”. I like to know the backgrounds of my doctors & neurologists before I put my faith in them and feel it's only right that we all have access to such information.

Last edited:
I was thanking Robin for the great gluten-free product site. It's hard to find certain things in the stores.

I haven't done the reading to understand the philosophies of Dr. Kurtz, so I have no opinion. I'm just going to comment on illnesses, cures, and people in general. I'll just repeat myself.

It's about people who peddle unproven/unresearched so called cures for money. The cure could be an herb, a medicine, a diet, selling a frame of mind, or almost anything else. It could be a "tonic," a motivational speech, a book, or a website. Praying on sick people is not nice. Representing something as effective when it's not is not nice. Falsely raising people's hopes and taking their money is not nice. Creating a cult-like following and cashing in is not nice. Selling methods or things that actually hurt people is not nice. Encouraging someone to do something that can hurt themselves and others is not nice.

I think that people who want to should try alternative medicine if it is considered safe for themselves and the people around them. Who knows, it probably won't hurt and it just might help. IMHO Gluten free diets fall in that "safe" category. Withholding vaccines from our children does not.

Last edited:
again as in another post dovefarm.com :) great website not too pricey, also finding amazon are doing alot of gluten free products these days

Back
Top Bottom