buzzing in head

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
My 12 year old son started complaining of a buzzing in his head periodically this week. He also has trouble finding words at times. He has primary generalized epilepsy and was just diagnosed with JME. Is this buzzing normal with seizures or should I be concerned? These are new symptoms so I have never had experience with them before.

The buzzing could be tinnitus, which can be a simple partial seizure, but also a med side effect. Same goes for the word-finding issues -- could be due to meds or seizures. Is he on medication at the moment?

He is in keppa 1000mg am and 1500mg pm, just started zonegran 50mg bid and today because of tonic clonic seizures continuing was added diantin 100mg bid. The deppra will be weane once his zonegran is up to therapeutic dose. Also the Dilantin is temporary to try and prevent the tonic clonic seizures. He will stop this also once zinegran is up and if seizures controlled. I hate all the meds and he has had adverse effects from Depakote and Lamictal previously to which he could not cntinue the meds. We are running out of med options per neurologist.

I hope the Zonegran does the trick. Make sure he drinks plenty of water while on it, and keeps his appetite up.

Back
Top Bottom