Can I Be Having An Allergic Reaction To Keppra?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

JLogefeil

New
Reaction score
This morning I woke up, becuase I have hives on my stomach and sides. It seemed to not bother me till tonight.
Before I took my Keepra I started having hives again. I m worried that I m having an allergic reaction. Also my body hurts really bad like its all sore. What could be going on? I m not the person that will take my self to a hopital.
If I was having and allergice reaction wouldnt it have started when I first started taking Keppra and not just out of the blue? It seems that my hives are getting worse.
Any help at this time would help:/

If you got hives b4 keppra its not likely to be keppra doing it! maybe too much suger? it always give me them!

not much help but you should get to a doctors if your worried they maybe do blood tests or something!

hope u get better soon

Unfortunately, it's hard for you to tell whether this is a harmless reaction (like a heat rash) or a serious one (like an allergic reaction to Keppra). Even though it may be nothing, I recommend that you try and get a same-day appt. with your regular doc, or go to the ER, just to be on the safe side.

Back
Top Bottom