Can Keppra Make You Crazy?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

JLogefeil

New
Reaction score
So I have been taking Keppra and I have been so moody and just very like crazy like. I feel as though I m losing my mind. I don't really remember anything and I think my husband is getting mad at me. Can Keppra do this should I stop taking them? Has this happend to you?

yes it does that to you i hate it i wish my dr would take me off but it seems to help in his twisted mind but its drivin me crazy and my wife.i could tell you some stuff but would have to be pm kinda personal.

Keppra gives me crazy mood swings. And when I fly off the handle...watch out.

Yeah, Keppra makes me moody. I also am peri-menopausal so it's a nasty combination! I try to get the rest I need. Vitamin B6 is supposed to help...I don't know. I take it, practically since I started taking it, don't see a huge difference, but am afraid to not take it and get worse. Does that make sense?

The most important thing is to get plenty of sleep, try not get too stressed, eat right....all the things we know we should do.

Good luck.

When I was on Keppra, it got so bad I had to have a sitter come in every day. That medic. send me over the edge. Having said that, it works for a good many people in this forum.

Hope you get to feeling better.

Ive only been on it like two weeks and I think im going crazy!! I dont like it. I get sooo moody and I cant control my anger. And I have no patience with my son and he is 4 yrs old.. I might have to change it. Its not making me feel any better. the depakote was working great for me except i was eating alot and losing hair. Ive also developed some anxiety...

I take 3000 mgs. of Keppra along with Topamax. I've been on it now for over 10 years. It is known as "Kepprage" as it does cause mood swings/anxiety for a lot of people, as does some of the other AEDs. But I was having that problem before I started taking Keppra. I also take Zoloft along with it.

Mention the problem to your dr. if you feel it is making you CRAZY!

Back
Top Bottom