Can You Request This At The/A Hospital?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

JLogefeil

New
Reaction score
The last time I was in the hospital for a seizure they interbated me becuase (Quote) she had multiple seizure en route despite having received Valium in the field. On arrival she had several more seizures that we're witnessed and not stopped by repeated doeses of Ativan in the ER. She received Valium 3 in the field, Ativan 2 on arrival and Ativan 2 after first ER seizure. After about 40 min in the emergency department without clearing her mental status, she was able to have a third seizure in the ER that was witnessed and at that point she was intubated and propoful was initiated to attempt to control her seizure disorder. (End of Quote)
So I m still trying to find out why they interbated me? My husband and his family think they OD me on the Anti seizure meds and I couldn't breath on my own. But what was the real reason why?
So I was wonder also if that if I end up going back to the hospital and I m worried that they may OD me and not notice it or be to late to save me can I have my husband request me to be interbated again? Or do I have to ask myself? If i have to ask my self can I keep a note saying that I request to be interbated and why. Do you think they would listen to my husband and read the note and do it?

If seizures can't be stopped by the emergency administration of Valium/Ativan, your ability to breathe can become compromised, especially after 40 minutes of seizing. The docs monitor your respiration and only intubate if your breathing is compromised and you are at risk for respiratory failure. Your seizures caused the respiratory issues (not the meds).

really not even ativan and valium i had the same thing happen to me and now everytime i go to the hospital i wonder if i have a lot of seizures here again are they gonna od me again i ended up in icu and was halucinatring and going crazy from all those meds

I was in the IUC too then they flew me to San Frincisco and I was in the ICU there too.

i dont think they did the interdated thing on me but they shipped me to another hospital as well for better treatment and spent almost a week in phoenix icu dont remember a lot of it besides people arguing

Back
Top Bottom