Cancer & Seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Porkette

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I just had a routine check up a couple days ago and my Dr. found my neck was swollen so I had to have an ultra sound test done and they have found 2 thyroid modules in my neck and my seizures have started to increase more. Cancer runs on both sides of my family and I know I'm at a high risk. I'm just really concerned about how I'm having many more seizures. I don't know if it's do to the stress or the cancer. I have to have more tests done over time.
Thanks for letting me get this off my shoulders. All of you are wonderful friends and I don't know where I would be without all of you. You are GREAT. Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Sue I hope the nodules turn out to be benign, Keep us posted, and feel better soon.

:hugs:

I'm going to guess it's just the stress. I found out I had breast cancer last summer and the number of my seizures stayed the same over the whole thing. I had to go off one of my meds before they could start any type of treatment, then I had the chemo and radiation. My seizures didn't increase at all.

In general the drs were surprised that I had very few side effects, short term and long term, since I had epilepsy. And the number of my seizures stayed the same through all of it.

I think I was the only one in my family who managed to stay calm and as stress free as I could which I think is what helped a lot.

Good luck and I hope they are benign too!

Hi Porkette
Sorry to hear about the increase in seizures and health scare. Hope the other tests come back clear and seizures reduce again

Hi Folks,

Thanks for all of your help and kind words. If the coughing continues I will be seeing my Dr. for more testing and then I will know more. What I don't like is the increase of seizures but I'm sure that's do to the stress as you all mentions. Thanks again for your support and May God Bless All of You!

Sue

Sure hope everything turns out ok. Do pay attention to whatever your dr. recommends. I know someone who didn't get treated until he couldn't turn his neck and he did have cancer and now he has to have scans etc. for the rest of his life. Many of these things are benign, though, so take heart in that.

i have skin cancer, but for the most part, my seizures had their run from stress, and changing meds.

Back
Top Bottom