Cannabis question (not epilepsy related)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

finalpoet

Stalwart
Reaction score
Question, do you think it's better or necessary to avoid talking about cannabis through text, like talking about a person's favorite strand, favorite pipe, anything incriminating for someone without a card. And if you live where cannabis is recreational what do you think about these medical states.

I'd worry about someone else seeing that text. Sometimes my kids are on my iPhone. If there's no danger of that then no biggie. Plus, if it were me, I'd delete those texts as soon as I read them.

There are some good Internet forums out there for discussing those types of things with many folks. Check out marijuanapassion.com.

I would delete those texts ASAP.

. And if you live where cannabis is recreational what do you think about these medical states.

I live in Colorado and folks can do recreational pot. Personally, I hate it! Others that like it don't seem to take into consideration the smell of pot and what it can do to those of us with asthma-like problems. OMG, I hate it........it makes me want to puke and gives me a headache.

Plus there needs to be a law for those who drive while "high". My sister's niece was in a deadly car accident in the middle of the day. The other driver wasn't drunk, but he had been smoking pot, so he wasn't fully competent and hit her head-on. He did spend time in jail because of the accident.

If one wants to smoke pot, then DON'T drive. The same DUI laws should apply.

You mean the DUI laws don't apply? Really? I promote it being recreational, but still it should have DUI laws equal to DWI laws.

Here is what the DUI laws of Colorado state:
Colorado Criminal Defense Lawyers

Colorado Legal Defense Group › DUI Defense Attorneys › Driving Under the Influence of Drugs › Marijuana

Under 42-4-1301, C.R.S., it a crime to drive under the influence of, or while you are ability impaired by, drugs and/or alcohol. This includes ALL drugs—even legal ones, such as marijuana.

There is no separate code section for Colorado DUI marijuana or Colorado DWAI marijuana. Regular DUI and DWAI laws apply. The only significant differences between drunk driving and driving on marijuana are:

Colorado has no strict “legal limit” for marijuana at which you are automatically considered too stoned to drive, and
If you are arrested for DUI or DWAI based on marijuana use, the officer can require you to take a DUI blood test (or a saliva or urine test) instead of a DUI breath test.

My friend said the same thing about deleting them immediately, her reason was based around the fact that if you were picked up by the FBI or similar they would search through your phone and use that information against you in court.

What I find "funny" is that while growing up, I heard nothing but "Smoking is bad for you! Don't smoke! Don't smoke! You'll kill yourself!! Shame on those who are smoking! Second-hand smoke kills other people too!!"

However, with marijuana it's like, "Here, smoke a joint..." :dontknow: :roll:

Does this mean I'm against other forms (ie oils and medical forms)? No, but I just find it ironic that the same people that cuss out cigarette smokers tend to be the same ones that are lighting up the marijuana joints for recreational use and are driving while intoxicated and causing harm to others as in Cint's case. :cry:

PS - No, I don't smoke.

Last edited:
I definitely think that cannabis helps me, and I'm looking forward to legalisation here. But I would hesitate to mention it in detail to anyone I didn't closely know. Talking about drugs on the internet (or anywhere else) is entirely legal and will not cause you trouble, but it's the social aspect I'd be careful with.

Back
Top Bottom