Changes to net neutrality

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Lonewolf

New
Reaction score
Does it bother anyone that the FCC wants to cut net neutrality and we need that. It lets the big companies do as they want and squashes the smaller companies. They want you to pay for everything where it's not that way now. The internet is my only way into the world so to speak and the FCC want's to stop it. What do you think about net neutrality? I personally think it's horrible. If it's not broken don't fix it so to speak.

Net neutrality is already gone, it has already been voted out. Since most ISPs are basically monopolies anyway, I don't think it really matters whether we have NN or not.

The real question is, will ISPs abuse their power and try and raise prices for people who use high bandwidth services like netflix and amazon prime video.

Fortunately, there are alternatives to traditional internet providers. 4g is fast enough for home use, and is used in rural areas where DSL and cable are not available. There is also Wimax and satellite internet. A few years from now 5g will launch bringing even higher bandwidth for mainstain wireless use on your phone or for home use.

So my point is, ISPs have competition even though it might seem like they do not, meaning there is less reason to be fearful of the effects of NN.

Some places act like getting rid net neutrality is about censorship or something crazy.

Back
Top Bottom