Cheaper Medications

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

**headdesk**

The powerful pharmaceutical lobby strikes again. :(

Try these, resources from

http://www.epilepsy.com/epilepsy/drugassist_links

they may help...

Free Medicine Program
www.freemedicineprogram.com/

Established by volunteers, the Free Medicine Program helps patients substantially reduce or completely eliminate their prescription drug costs.

Pfizer for Living Share Card
www.pfizerhelpfulanswers.com/ProgramList.aspx

Card for low-income Medicare seniors (individual income less than $18,000; couple less than $24,000). Covers Dilantin, the most commonly prescribed seizure medicine for seniors, as well as Neurontin, Celontin, and Zarontin.

The Partnership for Prescription Assistance
www.pparx.org

The Partnership for Prescription Assistance brings together America’s pharmaceutical companies, doctors, other health care providers, patient advocacy organizations and community groups to help qualifying patients who lack prescription coverage get the medicines they need through the public or private program that’s right for them. To access the Partnership for Prescription Assistance by phone, you can call toll-free, 1-888-4PPA-NOW (1-888-477-2669).

Rxhope.com
www.rxhope.com/

Rxhope.com is a patient assistance company partially funded by the pharmaceutical manufacturers. It promises to speed requests for no-cost medications. The website includes information on which medicines are covered by assistance programs.

Needy Meds
http://www.needymeds.org/

Needy Meds provides comprehensive patient assistance programs for brand name drugs, generic drugs, medication coupons and help with applications. In addition, they offer disease-based assistance, free/low cost clinics, discount drug cards, state-sponsored programs, Medicare and Medicaid information, and SHIP sites.

:bigsmile:

No problem. I use the Best Forum Threads page and the tag cloud on the home page (when I'm familiar with how a thread is tagged) to find older threads.

Oh dumb ,me. I tried the search box and obviously FAILED. Thanks for the education and advice. One more piece of C-W-E knowledge to put in my back pocket!!!

Best regards,
Phylis

How To Get Meds Cheaper

I called the company that made my Keppra. After I called and talked with them, I received a package in the mail that contained 6 months of Keppra meds for me. This was when I was paying about $650/mth for the Keppra.
I know other people have done this too.
They don't want a person to stop taking their med.
With the price they charge for them they can afford to give some to patients for free!

ACsHuman

That is what ONFI did for me until I had an appeal through neuro. I'm extremely drug sensitive (and allergic to many foods, have horrible allergies/asthma.....) and, unfortunately, only one of the most expensive drug works for me.

Back
Top Bottom