Comparison chart for seizure control diets

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Great List. The only thing Id add is on MAD you do kind of limit proteins. You cant have too many proteins on MAD as they can turn into carbs.
Just FYI*

joan*

Really Joan... how is that? Or can you link me to something I can read. As you know, I am attempting to balance Rebecca's nutrition manually :bigsmile:

I will have to research that better for you. Dr K told us when starting the diet (MAD) NOT to make the mistake of using too much proteins to fill Jena up. He said when you have no carbs to burn, the body can turn protein into carbs. I didnt understand it. I just follow his advice word for word. I will email him and ask him if he can be a bit more specific.

I would think for it to affect you would have to have very little carbs intake. How have you been working her diet? Is it helping?

joan*

So as not to highjack this thread, I will post an update in Rebecca's story.

Back
Top Bottom