Conditions Your doctor never told you, you had but you found in your chart

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Okay, has anyone ever read their chart or health record and find diagnoses your doctor never even told you you had but still listed in your health records?

I was looking on this page I'm signed up to through my Neurologist's office and it says different diagnosis's I've had and conditions I have. I just came across something new. It's called radiculopathy, a pinched nerve so to speak. Something I never knew about, how can this be when I've never even been to the doctor for this?

I went to the Neurologist for the seizure and on this chart I find conditions and procedures I never knew about or never had, it's weird.

Did your chart say "differential diagnoses"? If so, it means those are diagnoses with similar symptoms that were ruled out. It's part of the standard procedure for making a diagnosis where where multiple alternatives are possible. So the pinched nerve could have been a diagnosis/cause that your doctor considered but then ruled out.

The site I'm registered for has my health conditions listed and it divides it into two categories, first one is "Active" Second one is "Resolved" The pinched nerve one is under Active & funny thing is, it wasn't there "Before" my EEG. So makes me wonder but how can they detect something like that in brain waves? Interesting.

That is weird -- maybe it's not related to the EEG, just a diagnosis they were considering anyway?

Not quite the same, but I just got my records in the mail yesterday, I found out they had me on Keppra while I was in the hospital. They also failed to tell me the actual price I could get Lamictal for, otherwise I would have agreed to it. It says in the notes "patient refuses" ... no, "patient worries over cost" would have been more appropriate. As would have providing me with the actual cost of the drug. *sigh*

Anyway, I'm still reading so, I'll let you know if I come up with anything bigger!

Know what's creepy is I have been having neck pain & if I turn my head too far a certain way, I get a sharp pain and it's stiff but I think it's cause of sleeping weird but I've not told any doctor about it. Yet it says in my chart a similar thing, even though I've not told any doctor about it. lol

I'd be really interested to see what my notes say, i've never asked :O

I think i would have to pay for copies though.

It's funny, I e mailed the website I registered with that had all that stuff listed that were wrong and now they are not on my chart so they fixed that and corrected one. However, the one that's not listed is my brain surgery but since my brain surgery wasn't through Samaritan, it wouldn't be put there cause the website is through Samaritan. lol

Back
Top Bottom