Crazy couple of months lol

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

CQ:)

Veteran
Reaction score
So it’s been a crazy last few months for me but things are settling down.

Earlier this year I decided to move so I could be closer to work plus I’d lived in the same place for 17 years so it was time for a change. Where I lived was in the next town to where I work but our office was in the main street so a bus would stop right near my work.
I work for a builder & the office we were in was always only temporary as my boss wanted to build us a big office & storage shed. This year my boss built our new office/ shed & also build a storage shed / display room for the cabinet maker who does all the cabinetry work for our houses.
The new office was going to be located in an area where there was no public transport available which was another reason why I decided to move.

In September I started looking for a place to rent in the same town I work in so I am closer to work. I found a place pretty much straight away & moved in to my new place on 17th October. I had 2 days of work so I could move & then settle in then when I got back to work we were flat out as we were literally moved into our new office 4 days after I moved. I went back to work on the 19th & on the 21st we moved to the new office lol. I can now walk to the new office which is a good 50 mins each way but in the morning if a co-worker sees me while they’re driving to work they’ll stop & give me a lift. I don’t mind the walks though as it’s relaxing & really good exercise.

Our new office is 2 storey, I’m downstairs as I’m reception & my co workers are upstairs (also downstairs is meeting rooms & a room for clients to pick colors). My main concern has always been how to alert my co workers if I have a seizure. I spoke to my boss about this just after we moved into the new office. We have put an action plan in regards to what to do if I did have a seizure. My boss wasn’t to concerned as there are security cameras through the office & one of the cameras is at main reception as well as a bell. The monitors are upstairs where my co workers are so my boss told me not to get too stressed about how to alert staff, instead if I feel a seizure come just do what I used to do in the old office which is go to the kitchen until the seizure is over or I feel better. He said if someone does come they can ring the bell & the guys upstairs can see on the monitors that im not at reception so they can come down to attend to the person. He reminded me not to stress as it doesn't do you any good lol.

I am due to go back to the epilepsy clinic next Monday (14th October) for another follow up appt with both my neurologist & neuropsychologist. Even though I was going well on the Zonegran which the neuro added in May I did have an increase in seizures in August – October but I think that is due to the stress of thinking getting ready to find a new place then 2 big moves in a week lol. Also right at the time of the moves I was also really busy at work trying to keep up to date with my work so I didn’t have to worry when we moved. I have also noticed some minor changes in my seizures in the last 6 months which I have noted & am keen to discuss with the neurologist.

I’ll post an update once Ive been to the clinic :pop:

Congrats on getting through it all CQ! You've had quite the winter and spring over there!

Thanks nak
On top of all that for about a month now I've had issues with my throat. At 1st I thought it was just a cold but it hung around for a month and wouldn't go away. I had a bad cough today so finally decided to go to the Dr and he said the area near my tonsils is a little flared up so told me what I need to do. It's not bad enough for antibiotics but he suggested I take a certain type of cough mixture, pain killers and gargle Salted water (funny enough only reason I even have salt in house is for when my parents visit and have a meal here lol).

I have to see how I go and gp back of it gets worse.

Last edited:
I hope you feel better soon! For me, a "certain type of cough mixture" is a little bit of whiskey with lemon and honey, but I doubt that's what your doc had in mind. :)

Thanks Nak

LOL at your certain type of cough mixture, im sure thats a lot of peoples type of cough mixture. Last night I went to the chemist (pharmacy) after work, I said to the girl who helped me the dr suggested 2 different brand names of cough mixture but I could only remember one of them (never thought of writing it down). She suggested I ring the drs clinic just to check which brands they were, turned out she was leading me in the right direction anyway lol.

Throats a little better Today but it's been on & off all month so Today could be a good day lol.

We are still having issues with the phones at work, we don't have phones connected yet & the phone company are being asses about it. At the moment all the calls are being diverted to a mobile phone which the book keeper has been answering as everyone is upstairs & Im downstairs lol so at less I dont have to answer the phone. That means not so much talking & Im getting my work done :pfft:

Here's hoping the phones won't be connected until your throat has time to heal. :)

Here's hoping the phones won't be connected until your throat has time to heal. :)
Hopefully the phones will be connected soon as it is a pain plus we all have to use mobile phones to ring out.

The book keeper said to me the other day she's not getting much work done as she's answering the phones for now. I just smiled and thought welcome to my world lol.

But I'll admit I'm enoying the peace and quite compared to our old office. As we had 5 people in 1 room and now I have my own office down stairs and everyone else is upstairs in their own area

Codine linctus do cough within mins but not sure you can get it over count in America aslong as it not abused it should be fine..I not able to take things like benrol sudofed

Codine linctus do cough within mins but not sure you can get it over count in America aslong as it not abused it should be fine..I not able to take things like benrol sudofed

Im in Australia, not sure if we have the cough med you said. One of the cough meds the dr suggested was a dry med because I had a real dry cough that day. When I went to the chemist I was talking to one of the pharmacy assistants & asked her to make sure the cough medicine wouldnt react with my epilepsy meds before I got it lol.

The pharmacy assistant was like wow im glad you told me, lots of time people dont tell you & I wouldnt have like to have increasedd your seizure threshold. lol
Code:

Last edited:
Doc would said pholcdine and yes can get it in OZ but comes down to pharmacy I I got a bottle 24 hours on quantus I needed iron lung let alone coding linctus.it only problem if you going knock bottle back in one go and some do.15mg codine to 5mls.

To be honest if ou can do this and not many can crushed garlic lemon manukau honey cider vinegar whisky optional myself I rather take that little later knock it all back and have half glass milk immediately after try not to cry and hold on to your stomach it really do work

Went to the epilepsy clinic today. The neuro asked me how the Zonegran had been going, I said good but I did have an increase in seizures around August - September which was when I was looking for somewhere to live. He agreed that the added seizures were most likely the stress of moving.
But we discussed he asked if I would be happy to increase the Zonegran to see if that will help.
I was happy to give the increase a try so we're going to get worse be it a try and I see him again in 6 months.

I also caught up with the epilepsy nurse and had a quick follow up with the neuropsych.

Back
Top Bottom