Cymbalta lowering seizure threshold

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Music36

Stalwart
Reaction score
I have been prescribed Cymbalta for Fibromyalgia pain. I am tired of being in so much pain, but I am afraid to take Cymbalta b/c of all the possible side effects including lowering seizure threshold. I had laser ablation surgery almost three years ago which was a success. I just have occasional auras nowadays and nothing more. The last thing I want to do is cause a seizure. I take Tegretol and Keppra. I was wondering what other people's experiences were with this medication or info anyone may have.

Last edited:
Hi Music36,

When I took Keppra the drug increased my seizures like crazy but what's even worse is the drug gave me a hot temper and I had to get off the drug it was so bad. While on tegretol I was doing fine except for kidney stones and no grapefruit or grapefruit juice do to the enzymes in the fruit. Tegretol helped me a lot but then after yrs. of taking the drug I broke out with a rash from the tegretol and had to go off of it. Then I started vimpat and that has helped me a lot especially my complex partial seizures not to mention reducing the absence seizures also. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Back
Top Bottom